• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's 2012 Grow Log Now overwintering

[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hello everyone and welcome to my very own Glog. Got a later start than normal this year but I'll keep em under the lights 24/7 til end of May or early June, properly harden off and plant in 5 gallon buckets. All seeds came from Pepperjoes.com and pepperlover.com. Also one Burpee seed. Soaked seeds overnight on 3/27, and all went into coco pellets the next morning and placed into a propagator for germination. As soon as I had a sprout the dome came off for air circulation. Last Saturday, took all the sprouts I wanted mixed up 1 part perlite, 1 part vermiculite, and 3 parts Promix organic soil , took the netting off around the pellets and planted into the oh so famous solo cups, with holes drilled in the bottom of course. They have been under a 4 tube, 2x4 foot, 54 watt T5 since sprouting. Very impressed with that light. When seedlings finally start vegging I will be hittin em up with the old Fox Farm trio . Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Also got some Organic CalMag that I might experiment with.[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Here is the line up:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Pepper Joes:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Giant Bhut Jolokia[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Scotch Bonnet[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hot Cow Horn[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Butch T Trinidad Scorpion[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Anaheim[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hot Jamaican[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Burpee:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hot Lemon[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]PepperLover:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Bhut Jolokia Red[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Scotch Bonnet Red[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Scotch Bonnet Yellow[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Naga Morich[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Trinidad Seasoning[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Early Jalapeno[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Here is where I was about two weeks ago.[/background]
20120408_111721.jpg
20120408_111702.jpg
About 1 week ago
20120411_142841.jpg
Giant Bhut Jolokia
20120411_142859.jpg
Hot Jamaican
20120411_1429061.jpg
Ill post some more and update tomorrow night hopefully. They are all starting to pump out their first and second set of leaves and looking pretty decent. I'm having a tough time with the Naga's but hopefully they will pull through.

Great looking plants!
Thaks a lot man!

The stem on the Hot Jamaican is THICK! Is it an overwinter?

I've got stem envy!

Nope thats a first year plant. I live near Chicago and it's pretty damn windy here all the time so you gotta raise em strong like that. I give em a little shake every day too. Thanks for stoppin by man!
i second that....

lemme know how them jamaican hots turn out for you.. i got a couple plants "jamaican hot chocolate" ill send you a couple pods once they begin podding up... will also let you know how my JSB turn out...

I most certainly will man! I can't wait to see how yours do. Yea sounds good man. THanks for stoppin by!

Hello THP. Its about time for an update. Things are really taking off on all the plants. Weather is cooperating finally with a little bit of rain and what not. But heres a few pics.

Scotch Bonnet Red
728020.jpg

728021.jpg

Red Bhut Jolokia
728022.jpg

Naga Morich
728023.jpg

728025.jpg

Butch T
728026.jpg

Early Jalapeno
728031.jpg

Hot Jamaican
728036.jpg

Hot Lemon
728032.jpg

Giant Bhut Jolokia
728034.jpg

Been staring at these bad boys for weeks it seems, but still waiting for them to ripen. Enjoy!

Jamison awesome pods you got over there. What are the hot jamaican is that the scotch bonnet variety? It looks like they are producing golf ball size pods for you.

Thanks man. The only thing I know about those Hot Jamaicans is that PepperJoe brought seeds back from Jamaica like 30 years ago. He describes em as habanero. I think they are basically a Caribbean Red. I'll post a review once one ripens for ya. Thanks for stoppin by man!

Jamison, Your plants are on the move. I can see from the weather forecast that you're getting some ample rain. Those plants should be producing through the 1st of Nov....You've got some HOT pods there....................Good luck with 2nd half of summer!

Plants and pods look great, Jamison. Now you have too wait till they start too ripe :) The Early Jalapeno looks chubby, good for filling it :D

Thanks man. It seems like i've been staring at these things forever waitin for them to turn. I love me some poppers!

Jamison, Your plants are on the move. I can see from the weather forecast that you're getting some ample rain. Those plants should be producing through the 1st of Nov....You've got some HOT pods there....................Good luck with 2nd half of summer!

Thanks Greg! I sure hope they continue to produce through the fall. Thanks for the kind words man and appreciate you stoppin by!

Mini harvest. Top left is Hot Cow Horn, top right is a trinidad scotch bonnet, under that is a few trinidad seasoning peppers, and the bottom are San Marzano toms.
IMG_20120802_101202.jpg

Nice harvest Jamison every harvest setup for a greater harvest the next time around.

Thanks man! Can't wait for a giant harvest!

Love your Naga Morich, they're turning out perfect... they're going to be great :fireball:

Thanks alot! To be honest with you I almost gave up on that plant a while ago. Glad I didn't. Let me know if you want some pods/seeds cause there is gonna be plenty!

And this mornings small pickings. Hot Cow horn, tiny trinidad seasoning pepper, and the first Bhut Jolokia for the year.
IMG_20120804_095510.jpg

Wow a ripe bhut! Your plants are looking very productive, Jamison.
A little rain can work wonders! I see in your garden pic you have
your hoop house set up all ready to go; that's the spirit!

Good growin' my friend!

Thanks alot! To be honest with you I almost gave up on that plant a while ago. Glad I didn't. Let me know if you want some pods/seeds cause there is gonna be plenty!

Okay, let's do a trade when the time comes, I'll send you some pods of whatever you like too...

That little harvest should give you enough heat for a few days!
Everything looks great, Jamison, plants seem very productive.
Enjoy the weekend, brother!

Man Jamison your plants have really taken off in the last two weeks. You have some super healthy plants and they are absolutely stacked with pods. Keep the harvest coming J man!!!

Back