• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's 2012 Grow Log Now overwintering

[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hello everyone and welcome to my very own Glog. Got a later start than normal this year but I'll keep em under the lights 24/7 til end of May or early June, properly harden off and plant in 5 gallon buckets. All seeds came from Pepperjoes.com and pepperlover.com. Also one Burpee seed. Soaked seeds overnight on 3/27, and all went into coco pellets the next morning and placed into a propagator for germination. As soon as I had a sprout the dome came off for air circulation. Last Saturday, took all the sprouts I wanted mixed up 1 part perlite, 1 part vermiculite, and 3 parts Promix organic soil , took the netting off around the pellets and planted into the oh so famous solo cups, with holes drilled in the bottom of course. They have been under a 4 tube, 2x4 foot, 54 watt T5 since sprouting. Very impressed with that light. When seedlings finally start vegging I will be hittin em up with the old Fox Farm trio . Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Also got some Organic CalMag that I might experiment with.[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Here is the line up:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Pepper Joes:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Giant Bhut Jolokia[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Scotch Bonnet[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hot Cow Horn[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Butch T Trinidad Scorpion[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Anaheim[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hot Jamaican[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Burpee:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Hot Lemon[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]PepperLover:[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Bhut Jolokia Red[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Scotch Bonnet Red[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Scotch Bonnet Yellow[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Naga Morich[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Trinidad Seasoning[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Early Jalapeno[/background][background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Here is where I was about two weeks ago.[/background]
20120408_111721.jpg
20120408_111702.jpg
About 1 week ago
20120411_142841.jpg
Giant Bhut Jolokia
20120411_142859.jpg
Hot Jamaican
20120411_1429061.jpg
Ill post some more and update tomorrow night hopefully. They are all starting to pump out their first and second set of leaves and looking pretty decent. I'm having a tough time with the Naga's but hopefully they will pull through.

That little harvest should give you enough heat for a few days!
Everything looks great, Jamison, plants seem very productive.
Enjoy the weekend, brother!

Thanks Pauly G! I agree that should hold me for a bit. Can't wait for more tho!

Man Jamison your plants have really taken off in the last two weeks. You have some super healthy plants and they are absolutely stacked with pods. Keep the harvest coming J man!!!

What up Jamie! Yea its kinda crazy how the plants been stackin pods and starting to turn. The weather has cooled off a ton which helps a lot. I'll keep em coming for ya buddy!

J-mo, well gott' damn. Those plants are looking fabulous. That Butch T is nice and fat. Good job!

The King has stopped by! That Butch T is my fav looking plant for sure man. Def gonna be one of the overwinters! Thanks for checkin in man!

Everything looks super healthy and those harvests are great. Enjoy those peppers. Good growing to ya

Hey Sandara! Well to be honest a couple of them are starting to slip away a little bit. These damn beetles eat the hell out of your plants and they are every where around us. Just a nuisance. Thanks for stopping by!

Nice update, good too see the pods are getting some color :)

The man from the Dam. Thanks man, every day i start to see more and more color and its super exciting. Thanks for checkin up on me man!

Are they brown because I had some eating my plants. Some leaves that are younger still look like they are getting eaten. I went out at night and saw a bunch of brown beetle looking bugs all over my plants a couple of months ago. I sprayed them good with the pest spray I bought at HD. I dont have as many leaves that look like that have been eaten. Just a few now.

Are they brown because I had some eating my plants. Some leaves that are younger still look like they are getting eaten. I went out at night and saw a bunch of brown beetle looking bugs all over my plants a couple of months ago. I sprayed them good with the pest spray I bought at HD. I dont have as many leaves that look like that have been eaten. Just a few now.

japanese-beetle-adult.jpg

These are the bastards. Hard to control when you garden organically because they are soooooo abundant and eat hundreds of species of different plants. Things will eat the hell out of your foliage.

These are the bastards. Hard to control when you garden organically because they are soooooo abundant and eat hundreds of species of different plants. Things will eat the hell out of your foliage.

Have you tried neem oil? I'm not sure how strict you are
as an organic grower, but it is effective if you are patient.
After spraying with the Neem, I find some pods that started
to get a chew, but it looks like the chewer just stopped
without making a hole.

This looks like the site you got your info from - I see they mention
neem oil. I might add you can purchase the real thing and mix
your own; you don't need to order a 'concentrate' product.

http://www.arbico-organics.com/category/japanese-beetles-control

Jamison, I love the photo of the red But you posted! It's a little hidden behind that leaf but almost saying "I'm here and I'm going to bring all sorts of pain to you!!"

Great grow!!!

Nice update, how long are your Giant Bhut? I think mine are nearing 6 inches, I'll measure them tomorrow but man they seem like all they do is keep growing vertical.

I found the best thing to do and I garden organic as well, buy those beetle traps and put them in all your neighbors yards. The beetles will never return to your place and lay eggs in their yards instead. :)

mine look like this.... I hope this works

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0EK80AsaR7g/SmB0AXx55TI/AAAAAAAABNU/iI-qs73Encg/s400/DSC0276-Beetle@Punggol.jpg

well picture didnt post but thats the beetle

Have you tried neem oil? I'm not sure how strict you are
as an organic grower, but it is effective if you are patient.
After spraying with the Neem, I find some pods that started
to get a chew, but it looks like the chewer just stopped
without making a hole.

This looks like the site you got your info from - I see they mention
neem oil. I might add you can purchase the real thing and mix
your own; you don't need to order a 'concentrate' product.

http://www.arbico-or...beetles-control

Paul thanks man! I actually have some neem oil and have applied twice. Tried AACT too. The little bastards just keep coming back. They are completely invasive and multiplying by the millions. Its crazy.

Jamison, I love the photo of the red But you posted! It's a little hidden behind that leaf but almost saying "I'm here and I'm going to bring all sorts of pain to you!!"

Great grow!!!

Thanks a ton for the kind words man! Them bhuts are deadly bro. Made about a cup and a half of salsa the other day with one ghost chile and was sweatin buckets man.

Nice update, how long are your Giant Bhut? I think mine are nearing 6 inches, I'll measure them tomorrow but man they seem like all they do is keep growing vertical.

I found the best thing to do and I garden organic as well, buy those beetle traps and put them in all your neighbors yards. The beetles will never return to your place and lay eggs in their yards instead. :)

The giant bhuts are about 4-5" or so. Not as giant as I thought. They seem to be a little fatter than the normal bhuts tho for sure. I like that idea with the traps and I think I'm gonna def try that tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and checking things out and the advice!

mine look like this.... I hope this works

http://1.bp.blogspot...tle@Punggol.jpg

well picture didnt post but thats the beetle

Little s.o.b.'s. Kill em all :hell:

And a couple pics for today since we got rained out at work. :party:

Little harest from the other day from the plants in the raised beds.
IMG_20120812_153544.jpg

IMG_20120812_153555.jpg

IMG_20120812_153605.jpg

And some Butch T's starting to ripen!
IMG_20120813_091739.jpg

Everything is looking great. First time checking out your glog. Very nice. Great score on the Fatalii and Chocolate Habs at your local nursery. Unusual finds for a general nursery.

beautiful harvest

Thanks Sanarda!

Everything is looking great. First time checking out your glog. Very nice. Great score on the Fatalii and Chocolate Habs at your local nursery. Unusual finds for a general nursery.

Hey DnR! Glad you stopped by! Unfortunately I had to get rid of the fatalii's because I brought home aphids. I still have one choc hab plant left tho! Hope you stick around for the fun!

Look at those butch t go every pod starting to fall in line and ripening up for you that is awesome. Nice harvest

Always a pleasure SoCal! I love seeing them all start to turn colors after staring at them for soooooooooo damn long! Thats gonna be a hot SOB there!

Butch T's pack alot of power for such a small pod. They;ll be turning red pretty quick now...
We're getting rain here also................finally! Plants are loving it, now they're stretching for light, ......always a good site to see...

Lots of color going on now. It's nice to walk outside to check the plants and see a pod on almost every plant changing color. Kinda of a lot of pics today but I couldn't help myself. Prob have to make it two posts, so here we go!

Butch T's that been in a #3 air pruning pot its entire life. Needs a trasnplant I think.
81612001.jpg

Red Scotch Bonnets
81612002.jpg

81612004.jpg

Naga Morich
81612005.jpg

A different Butch T plant that has a couple different pod variations and one HUGE pod.
81612006.jpg

81612007.jpg

81612009.jpg

Trinidad Seasoning
81612010.jpg

Hot Jamaican
81612011.jpg

Giant Bhut
81612012.jpg

Guess I need a post to add more pics.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Another Hot Jamaican with some almost ripe pods[/background]
81612013.jpg

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Chocolate Hab[/background]
81612015.jpg

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]And some Nosegay seedlings. Weird name eh? lol [/background]
81612017.jpg

Back