• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling January Grilling In Illinois (While it's snowing)

Grilled a few pork chops tonight. Started snowing while they were on the grill. Not that unusual though as I grill 12 months a year. Just alwys need to make sure that I keep a path shoveled from the back door to the grill. All of the previously fallen snow melted over the weekend so no problems getting to the grill tonight. Tonight's menu included grilled pork chops and corn. Slathered one of the chops (for me) with my homemade BBQ sauce - mesquite/cherry smoked Yellow 7 Pots and Red Bhut Jolokias, brown sugar, garlic, onions, Jack Daniel's, molasses, mustard, ketchup, and a few other things). The other two were for my daughter and wife - daughter used some of the BBQ sauce on the side. Also grilled some corn and topped it with a Vietnamese Tearjerker/Thai blended powder. Thought that I would share some pictures:

Chops on the grill - the one in the middle is mine :)
P1020326.jpg

On the plate:
P1020328.jpg

It was really good!

Grilled a few pork chops tonight. Started snowing while they were on the grill. Not that unusual though as I grill 12 months a year. Just alwys need to make sure that I keep a path shoveled from the back door to the grill.

I thought I was the only one. Dec 26-27 there was literally more than 2 feet of snow. I shoveled the sidewalk, driveway, a spot in the yard for my dog, and a path to the grill. I grill all year round as well.

Man that makes this new Vegetarian's mouth water!

Grilled a few pork chops tonight. Started snowing while they were on the grill. Not that unusual though as I grill 12 months a year. Just alwys need to make sure that I keep a path shoveled from the back door to the grill. All of the previously fallen snow melted over the weekend so no problems getting to the grill tonight. Tonight's menu included grilled pork chops and corn. Slathered one of the chops (for me) with my homemade BBQ sauce - mesquite/cherry smoked Yellow 7 Pots and Red Bhut Jolokias, brown sugar, garlic, onions, Jack Daniel's, molasses, mustard, ketchup, and a few other things). The other two were for my daughter and wife - daughter used some of the BBQ sauce on the side. Also grilled some corn and topped it with a Vietnamese Tearjerker/Thai blended powder. Thought that I would share some pictures:

Chops on the grill - the one in the middle is mine :)
P1020326.jpg

On the plate:
P1020328.jpg

It was really good!

Back