• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JayT's Grow Log 2012

I know I know I'm the hot sauce guy. The cooking food with hot stuff guy. The guy who likes beer and microwave hot dogs :lol:. Some of you probably don't even know that I grow peppers. This year, I am going to show you.

1 January 2012. Meager Beginnings.

100_0036-1.jpg

Grow List:

Tray 1.

Bhut Jolokia
Peach Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
Purple Bhut
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Douglah
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (thanks Butch)
Mulo De Tiro (thanks Nova)
Fatalii
BikerBilly Jalapeno (thanks AJ)
Naga Morich
Peach Hab

Each cell planted with two seeds. I Planted six of each variety (twelve seeds total). Grow light and heat map set on low. Trying something a little different with this Burpee Germinating kit, so going to have to keep an eye on this. I have a target soil temp of 85F-87F for germination.

where's your updates Jay?...postem' up man...

I think he's beginning to remember why he quit posting grow pics before--all of us "more pics hounds" after him. Ha!

yup...thick stems mean they are gonna be able to stand a lot of stuff...

good lookin' plants Jay...

Looking very healthy, indeed.
When/if you transplant them up to the cotys,
you won't even see those 'legs'!

Finally go around to repotting today. I have decided to keep the two best of each and sacrifice the rest since I don't have room for them all.

Blue Solo cup, I fill you up. Let's have a party!

100_0330-1.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0333-1.jpg

"The babies are looking good bradda! What kind of soil are you using?"
hmm,does it smell like poop?

Jay- I'm thinkin' there a party theme in here somewhere- we start the season with the blow out....you can only use the solo cups you drink out of at said bash for your grow? 1 beer/booze of choice per cup.... :drunk: :cool:. Looking good man, mine are taken a severe beating right now...6" hard rain in 6 hours.Damnit Man strikes again!

"The babies are looking good bradda! What kind of soil are you using?"
hmm,does it smell like poop?

Jay- I'm thinkin' there a party theme in here somewhere- we start the season with the blow out....you can only use the solo cups you drink out of at said bash for your grow? 1 beer/booze of choice per cup.... :drunk: :cool:. Looking good man, mine are taken a severe beating right now...6" hard rain in 6 hours.Damnit Man strikes again!

Geez Dave, I don't know if I could drink 72 drinks at one sitting :sick: You set the bar pretty high!

Your transplants look nice and robust JayT - quite the little family.
Have fun getting then to potting up time!

Here's an update. Plants are all doing well. Well, except the one that the cat dragged out of the cup the day it was transplanted. I had to set up the kiddie fence around them. I am just about ready to start hardening them off. I am looking for a plant out in about three weeks or so.

000_0593.jpg

000_0595.jpg

000_0594.jpg

Sweet JT. To bad hot dogs didnt grow on trees, you could get a pubescent cross going....plants look hood mang.

Hardening off. Just about time for final transplant. They are doing well, but I had another casualty due to a two year old nephew...

100_0411.jpg

100_0412.jpg

2.5 hours outside this afternoon in the sun and wind left them a little wilted, but a little drink and they were fine. Just like me...

Back