• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

JayT's Hurricane (Matthew) Party

Looks as though this Hurricane is not going to hurt us as bad as predicted. Major league rain and heavy winds, but so far the power is on. I have decided to treat this just as I do the blizzards we get here and drink heavily and cook lots of food. On the menu, Defcon wings, fajitas, and chili beer, boxed wine, vodka and tea, and a little Apple Pie Moonshine.

Hurricane Preparedness Materials:

1000968s.jpg

1000969n.jpg

1000961001.jpg

1000963y.jpg

And, the food:

1000962001.jpg

1000960z.jpg

The chili was made with a mix of fresh and dried chillies, thank you again Scovie.

1000965g.jpg

1000966d.jpg

1000967a.jpg

More to come as the party continues...

You mean that stuff that burnt you up?  Of course I do!  

--CHILI UPDATE--

102_0028.JPG

102_0030.JPG

I just added the second, and larger, dump of chili powder. Notice the color change.  I also added a little smoked sea salt and some brown sugar to balance it out.  Tastes great, but I am going to fight the urge to eat any yet.  I want to let it all simmer for a few hours.  Smells awesome in here.  I guess I will drink beer to pass the time.  Time to break out Brutus.

102_0031.JPG

Or maybe I will go out and do some skiiing.

images (2).jpg

Still cold, still hating it, fresh round of snow has fallen, but one has to eat and drink still. I'll just stick this here. It's not pretty or gourmet it's just good ol' stick to your ribs type food. Perfect when it's cold out.

How's that chili coming JayT?

I know it is Matthew and not Sandy, but we can party in here this weekend.  I have to go get another bottle of wodka, but I'll be ready!

Hey, anytime there is a natural disaster or even a potential one, we need a safe place to post our cooking and drinking.  This was good for Sandy, it should be good for Matthew as well!

That is some funny ish triight there boss!

Watch out baby here I come!

Hurricane parties are a gathering of people in a safe area because not everyone has a place to evacuate to so someone offers their home. It's kind of strange to party out of the zone, imo, but hey... this is the net, so this can be a safe place for people to talk, and let's hope you are in a safe physical place as well. So go ahead and post your updates, food, and drink, and please stay out of the way of the danger.

Back