• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Jerkin' Chicken!

Here's my first shot at Jerk chicken. Will Marinate until Saturday, where I think I will see Christ.

IMG_0686.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Looks good but that seems like a long time to be marinating chicken IMO

Yes, I thought of that also, I am in the city the next 2 nights so I am hoping.....
It seems that when I do Jerky the extra day of marinating makes a big difference.... I hope it is the same with the chicken!!!
I will post the pics.
Here's the recipe.
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup white wine
allspice
salt
brown sugar
thyme
ginger
cinnamon
black pepper
olive oil
2 onions
bunch of scallions
6 cloves garlic
12 habs, chopped fine

ANTICIPATION

Yeah, I get the pun and enjoy word play as much as anyone but the powers that be want to keep thread titles as "family friendly" as possible so I changed the title here.

That marinade looks awesome, BTW.

chuk hell said:
Yeah, I get the pun and enjoy word play as much as anyone but the powers that be want to keep thread titles as "family friendly" as possible so I changed the title here.

That marinade looks awesome, BTW.

Right on, man. Sorry if I offended anyone....
:lol:

Casey that is going to be HOT!!! I made a jerk sauce for shrimp (well it was more like a paste), and I used a recipe similar to yours, but with only about half of that many habs so the missus could eat some. Well, that didn't happen. She had one shrimp and yelled at me. I ate it all, but it was damn hot after a while. How much chicken do you have there anyway? Will it be grilled? If so that will probably take some of the heat out. I sauteed my shrimp in a pan and fumed the place out. I can't wait to hear about and see this!

I thought jerked meant a dry rub. Shows how much I know eh?

I'm also curious about the heat with this baby, that's a lot of habs. Should be fun. Food and entertainment at the same time. Ain't peppers the bomb!

More like throttling up to 110% CC. Great pics and tasty looking chix! + 10 for the garlic roaster on the grill too.

Cheers, TB.

Caustic Casey said:
Right on, man. Sorry if I offended anyone....
:lol:

You certainly didn't offend me. I just try to keep up a few standards. Thread titles sort of stand out, ya know.

Damn, that looks like some awesome bird. Got me salivating! :onfire:

chuk hell said:
You certainly didn't offend me. I just try to keep up a few standards. Thread titles sort of stand out, ya know.

Damn, that looks like some awesome bird. Got me salivating! :onfire:

Damn I been busy...
Anyway, the chix came out awesome- but i would do it a bit different next time.
After marinating, I would put the chicken on the grill with the sauce seperate-- I lost alot of the jerk through the grates during cooking.
Still, a blistering success!!!
:mouthonfire:

Back