Jersey here...

fineexampl said:
I know their shipping/receiving manager. He's a car buddy of mine. Not sure if that's considered IT to them or not, but who knows. You might want to try and get some product in Dearborn Market or Delicious Orchards. You probably know they sell all kinds of hot stuff. :mouthonfire:

Actually never heard of the Dearborn Market or Delicious Orchards.

DEFCON Creator said:
Dearborn is in Hazlet and Delicious is in Colts Neck. Both are specialty food stores and nurseries. I buy all my Blair's products from Dearborn. They have tons of other sauces too. You'd fit right in.

DEFCON Creator said:

Mmmmmmmm......Delicious Orchards....you ought to make the trip, Creator....they have killer stuff there. Their store is right on rt.34....down on the right hand side if you're heading southbound.

Damnit, now ya got me thinking about my favorite NJ winter drink....Delicious Orchard's fresh-made hot apple cider and Goldschlager mixed....a cinnamon/apple drink thatll warm ya up and knock yer ass out

Sickmont said:
Mmmmmmmm......Delicious Orchards....you ought to make the trip, Creator....they have killer stuff there. Their store is right on rt.34....down on the right hand side if you're heading southbound.

Damnit, now ya got me thinking about my favorite NJ winter drink....Delicious Orchard's fresh-made hot apple cider and Goldschlager mixed....a cinnamon/apple drink thatll warm ya up and knock yer ass out
You lost me with the schlager.

DO has the best produce and baked goods you can imagine. They also have a MEAN deli and butcher. Stuff not to miss while there: apple cider, apple cider donuts, DO pies and breads. The first time i saw fiddlehead ferns for sale was at DO. They also have a few "pick your own" fields on premises or down the road.

And that's correct, Route 34 in Colts Neck on the southbound side.

Did i mention they do plants as well?

fineexampl said:
The first time i saw fiddlehead ferns for sale was at DO. And that's correct, Route 34 in Colts Neck on the southbound side.

I LOVE fiddleheads. I've been pickling them for personal use for years. Beats the Hell out of asparagus. I'll check it out. My regular 9-5 job is in Hazlet.

DEFCON Creator said:
I LOVE fiddleheads. I've been pickling them for personal use for years. Beats the Hell out of asparagus. I'll check it out. My regular 9-5 job is in Hazlet.
Yeah, fiddleheads take some getting used to. Very delicate flavor to them. Honestly i prefer asparagus just because it makes urine smell so offensive. :lol:

Oh and i mapped out my apartment to the Whole Foods you recommended. It's about 40min north of me, but that's nothing. You don't by any chance sell to anywhere in Long Island, do you?

We did sell to a couple shop in L.I., but they have since closed their doors. As for driving to Whole Foods. With gas prices the way they are, you may be better off buying directly from the website.

DEFCON Creator said:
We did sell to a couple shop in L.I., but they have since closed their doors. As for driving to Whole Foods. With gas prices the way they are, you may be better off buying directly from the website.
I'm not opposed. The prices are very reasonable. What's the shipping? I've short listed a few sauces and 2 are made right here in Jersey. Defcon being one of them.

The others on my short list? CaJohns 10, Demon Ichor, Ultimate Death.

I'm looking for a good bhut jolokia puree. I think that'll be this weekend's goal. I'm not a huge huge fan of extracts. I'm for flavor before anything.

So...where in Jersey do peppernerds hang out? Is there a pepper mecca?

Oh and NEPA; i thought it meant North East Pepperhead Association. Yeah i know, i'm lame. :lol:

$6 is average and reasonable. I think i want to use up some of my sauces before i place an order. I'm rotating 15 difference sauces so it's getting crowded. :lol:

fineexampl said:
$6 is average and reasonable. I think i want to use up some of my sauces before i place an order. I'm rotating 15 difference sauces so it's getting crowded. :lol:

Not a problem. It's funny how many people have a multitude of hot sauces in their fridge. Our commercial fridge, where we store various ingredients for experimentation for new products looks like something out of a Dr. Moreau lab.

Back