• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Joyner's Hot Pepper Powder Reviews

Exactly, that is why I said my next challenge might be Ramen noodles without flavor pack, only my powder. You could cook the noodles in 1/2 water 1/2 stock and add powder.

That sounds pretty darn good too. The broth is a low fat version....for us who tend to put on 5 pounds just looking at ice cream, or even Ramen for that matter. :) I might have to pickup some Ramen anyways though. I miss that stuff.

A couple things. HD, always loved your reviews, and these are right on par if not better than your previous ones. Love the green screen. I've only tried smoked fire from Chris, so I can't comment on how hot it is compared to the rest of his powders, but it's pretty darn hot(and delicious) to put it mildly. Also as far as hot soups and such, that's the way to go. The liquid and the heat bring out all the cap and flavor. It lit my @ss on fire the first time I tried it in soup, but I may have went a smidge overboard.

A couple things. HD, always loved your reviews, and these are right on par if not better than your previous ones. Love the green screen. I've only tried smoked fire from Chris, so I can't comment on how hot it is compared to the rest of his powders, but it's pretty darn hot(and delicious) to put it mildly. Also as far as hot soups and such, that's the way to go. The liquid and the heat bring out all the cap and flavor. It lit my @ss on fire the first time I tried it in soup, but I may have went a smidge overboard.

Thanks man, greatly appreciate the feedback. I just did two reviews last night, but I won't get a chance to post until tonight or tomorrow night because I still need to edit them. The Smoked Fire was awesome. Actually, every powder so far has been excellent...and yeah...it was freaking hot. :)

It's getting ugly over here in Joyner land, just bagged 25 different sample powders! Looking forward to the new reviews Rick and I will have something to keep you busy for quit awhile soon. :party:

It's getting ugly over here in Joyner land, just bagged 25 different sample powders! Looking forward to the new reviews Rick and I will have something to keep you busy for quit awhile soon. :party:

Haha...goodbye lower intestines, THAT'S what is going to get ugly! :)

Crap, now my lower intestines are already preparing....they started singing..."all my bags are packed, ready to go....."

Thanks man!

Powder review is up for the 15 Pepper blend. Woot!

Hey Chris,

I'm thinking I should use a more vertical logo, kind of like the one you have on your website that has the "click here" under it. That way I could make it larger. I think the one for this video is a little too small probably.

I also just noticed that you have the "White Habanero" powder listed as "Peruvian White." Do you want me to change the title displayed on YouTube to match that?

Powder review is up for the 15 Pepper blend. Woot!

Hey Chris,

I'm thinking I should use a more vertical logo, kind of like the one you have on your website that has the "click here" under it. That way I could make it larger. I think the one for this video is a little too small probably.

I also just noticed that you have the "White Habanero" powder listed as "Peruvian White." Do you want me to change the title displayed on YouTube to match that?
Tell me what size logo works best for you and I can provide it for you. As for the name on the video, it is up to you if you want to change it. I changed the name on my site being funny but Peruvian White is catchy. :)

Something like this?

I think more like this one...

Call2Action_sm.png

Maybe about twice as big if possible, minus the "click here" and "buy".

Oh, snap. Sorry. The image didn't show up when I first loaded the page. Disregard my post above. That's perfect man, thanks.

FYI. Updated my YouTube title to match. Figured it would be best to keep those consistent.

I hope I did the word justice and described it correctly. I am NOT a master of words by any means. :)

Main Entry:
piquant  [pee-kuhnt, -kahnt,pee-kahnt] Show IPA
Part of Speech: adjective Definition: flavorful, biting Synonyms: highly-seasoned, interesting, lively, peppery,poignant, provocative, pungent, racy, savory,sharp, snappy, sparkling, spicy, spirited,stimulating, stinging, tangy, tart, well-flavored,with a kick, zestful, zesty Notes: having a sharp taste is pungent and having apleasingly sharp taste is piquant ; pungent firstmeant 'keenly painful or distressing' Antonyms: bland, dull

10 jars of powder waiting for me upon return from Holiday.

The Jalapeno has the richest smoked Jap flavour I've ever had. Even SWMBO liked it!

Feeling bold, I dipped into the 7P Brown sample which blew the doors clean off.

The average chilihead should probably NOT eat one gram of powder per slice of pizza. Whew!

Hey all,

It will be a couple of weeks before I can get another review up. I have two more of Joyner's powders to review and I'm looking forward to doing so. However, I had some minor surgery to my mouth and it specifically says NO HOT stuff. DOH! If I knew that I wouldn't have done the surgery...right!? I'll get up a review sooner if allowed...but definitely the moment I'm allowed. :)

Oh, and I have some modifications coming to my reviews too. I will be renaming them to "Rick's Ramblin' Reviews" "Featuring (insert food/sauce/powder item here)" Nothing too fancy, just a little fine tuning for identity. (shrug) whatever that means. :P

Thanks for all the great feedback all.

Back