• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPeppers 2013 GLOG

In the for winter are:

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot - BROWN

The grow from seed list:

Brain Strain - RED - Seed from a pod from Judy if memeory serves me correct
Carolina Reaper - Seed from PepperJoe
Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED - Seeds from plant above

To be continued...

As of today here are how things are looking - 12/05/12

7 Pot Brown is fighting leaf drop, white flies seem likely and it has been treated. It still wanted to give me fruit.

7pot_brown.jpg

7 Pot Brown

7pot_brown_1.jpg

7 Pot Brown

7pot_brown_2.jpg

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - RED

Jays_Ghost_Scorpion.jpg

7 Pot Jonah

7Pot_Jonah.jpg

7 Pot Jonah

7Pot_Jonah_1.jpg

Seedlings

1.jpg

2.jpg

Annuum List

Cayenne Indonesian
Chiltepin Amarillo
Jalapeno Black
Jalapeno Early
Jalapeno Giant
Jalapeno Purple
Rooster Spur
Serrano
Thai #00419-2551 F1 Hybrid
Thai #00554-2553 F1 Hybrid
Thai (2005) Large Red
Thai Cross (Orange)
Thai Dragon
Thai Hazelwood
Thai Norcal
Thai Orange
Thai Prik Che Fah
Thai Prik Jinda
Thai Prik Key GNU - Chaiprakarn F1
Thai Prik Key GNU - HOM
Thai Prik Key GNU - SUAN
Thai Prik Kjinda Dang
Thai Prik Mon Dum
Thai Prik NUM
Thai Prik Sod Dang F1
Thai Prik York
Thai Prikkinu Pedsiam F1 Hybrid
Thai Prik-Mondang Red Eagle F1
Thai Red
Thai Super Hot
Thai Yellow

Baccatum

Lemon Drop

Chinense

7 POT Brain Strain Red
7 POT Brain Strain Yellow
7 POT Brown
7 POT Burgandy
7 POT Jonah
7 POT Red
7 POT Rennie
7 POT SR
7 POT Trinidad Douglah
7 POT Yellow
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Giant
Bhut Jolokia Giant Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Billy Boy Jonah
Butch T
Chocolate Morouga (Unstable 2)
Chocolate Morouga (Unstable 1)
Chocolate Scotch
Chocolate Unknown
Douglah X Chocolate Scorpion
Fatalii
Hot Jamican
Infinity Monster
Jay's Ghost Scorpion
Mako Akoksrade
Morouga
Morouga Scorpion
Mystery Chocolate
Naga Morich
Naga Viper
Scotch Bonnet
Tazmanian Habanero
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
White Habanero
Wine Unknown

Frutescens

Thai Hot

Thanks, crazy that is takes me 2 days to do an update. :) 100 plants plus equals 10 + bumps - I am so looking forward to making more Tri-Thai, been out of that powder for the first time in 5 years for about 6 months.

You're going to have to come up with a different name this time. You have way more than 3 Thai varieties this year. Decka-Thai ??

Everything looks great.

Jeff H said:

You're going to have to come up with a different name this time. You have way more than 3 Thai varieties this year. Decka-Thai ??

Everything looks great.
I'll do the Tri-Thai for sure but there will be a new creation...perhaps smoked! and thanks! Very pleased everything bounced back happily, this spring was very harsh.

PIC 1 said:
You sure do have the varieties...........endless combo's of powders in the future ?
Hopefully not endless, I expect to spread the wealth! I can only imagine the amount of Thai powder, most every Thai I have grown before is a pod machine.

I hear you. It just got done raining like hell here. I just turned off the irrigation system until further notice and I'll head to the store for more stakes tomorrow. <sigh> 

Jeff H said:
I hear you. It just got done raining like hell here. I just turned off the irrigation system until further notice and I'll head to the store for more stakes tomorrow. <sigh> 
Yeah looks like I need about 30 to 40 stakes...almost tempted to do those colorful wire tomato cages.

Quick update, potted up the final runt for 2013...Butch T TS. Did I mention we use our trumpet vines as the all pepper squarefoot garden shade? 

One hot box!

1.jpg

I think these grew overnight! Thanks rain and sun....btw my rain gauge said we got 3 inches 2 night ago.

2.jpg

Annuums

3.jpg

Super hots and what not...c.chinense

4.jpg

Butch T

5.jpg

Trumpet Vines aka shade structure

6.jpg

In spite of all the bad weather you have had lately, the plants are looking lush, and healthy.  I can see a ton of growth since the update you made a couple weeks back.  Great job!  You will be swimming in pods in no time!!!

+1 Bonnie!  

You have an incredible variety of awesome plants there, Chris!
Glad to see you survived the big blow; hope that's it for now.  For some reason,
I never thought of Delaware as a being in the storm track.

PaulG said:
+1 Bonnie!  

You have an incredible variety of awesome plants there, Chris!
Glad to see you survived the big blow; hope that's it for now.  For some reason,
I never thought of Delaware as a being in the storm track.
Thanks Paul, we do miss a lot of storms in DE but often get a few bad ones a year. As for variety, I think I went a little overboard! Once I taste them all I am sure I will need to scale back next season....maybe :dance:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Thanks Paul, we do miss a lot of storms in DE but often get a few bad ones a year. As for variety, I think I went a little overboard! Once I taste them all I am sure I will need to scale back next season....maybe :dance:
Sure ya will    ;)

And just like that.....

... A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT BERKS... BUCKS... CECIL... CHESTER... DELAWARE... MONTGOMERY... NEW CASTLE AND PHILADELPHIA COUNTIES...
AT 430 PM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED SEVERAL AREAS OF SHOWERS AND STRONG THUNDERSTORMS IN FAR NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND AND SOUTH-CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA... MOVING EAST-NORTHEAST TOWARD THE AREA. GIVEN THE UNSTABLE ATMOSPHERE ACROSS THE REGION... ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT IS EXPECTED WHICH WILL AFFECT THE AREA INTO THE EVENING HOURS.
WIND GUSTS TO 50 MPH AND SMALL HAIL ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS. INTENSE LIGHTNING CAN ALSO BE EXPECTED WHEREVER THUNDERSTORMS HAPPEN TO MOVE. DO NOT STAY IN THE OPEN NOR SEEK SHELTER UNDER TREES WHEN LIGHTNING THREATENS... MOVE INDOORS WHEN A THUNDERSTORM APPROACHES. VERY HEAVY RAIN WILL ALSO FALL FROM THESE STORMS... AND WILL CAUSE WATER TO POND ON ROADS AND FILL POOR DRAINAGE AREAS.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 377 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
IN DELAWARE THIS WATCH INCLUDES 3 COUNTIES
IN CENTRAL DELAWARE
KENT
IN NORTHERN DELAWARE
NEW CASTLE
IN SOUTHERN DELAWARE
SUSSEX

The progress of the plants in the sq. ft. garden is amazing, chris.

Looking good Mr Joyner .... That's a great sight seeing a backyard full of heat and sweet ... Best of continuing luck dodging the storms and growing the goodness.

Trippa said:
Looking good Mr Joyner .... That's a great sight seeing a backyard full of heat and sweet ... Best of continuing luck dodging the storms and growing the goodness.
Thanks so much, hoping to a hot summer in more ways than 1!!!

Back