• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

juanitos 2019 grow log

[SIZE=11pt]Welcome to the JuanitosPeppers 2019 glog[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thanks to all the long time readers and people who followed last year. I hope to make this glog a little bit better![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I’ll try to do weekend update format with photos and captions. I’ll be happy to answer questions or discuss growing during the week too. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Last year was pretty successful. [/SIZE]
reFaxfD.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Saved lots of seeds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]
BrkpmK6.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I spent all winter break thinking about what varieties i wanted to grow. I want to keep a good balance of flavor, heat, color, species, cost, size. Looking to expand my seed stock so i’m growing a couple collections (brainstrain, ghost) also trying a couple wilds for fun, a few mild peppers for normal people, and the best medium peppers (moa, bahamian goat). Can follow along to see everything[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I like doing bulk starting in medium(soilmix). It means i only plant the successful seeds, no volunteers or weak seedlings, no wasting extra seeds, no culling. Medium is a bit easier to manage as it will separate easier than a paper towel. Also you can leave them in the medium for a bit longer. [/SIZE]Just keep them in a warm 75-85 temp range for a week or so and we’re ready to transplant into pots.
J0ya1xJ.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]While those are resting got the growing space ready.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Made sure the led strips are still running from last year, had to repair a few[/SIZE]
DTnQLX1.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Cleaned up the trays and reservoir and ordered pots / trays, started putting soil in[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]
pyZooDW.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]More to come… Thanks for following![/SIZE]

That looks amazing indeed, thanks for letting us know the dry rub vs salt'n'peppa - will give the simple way a try as well next time!

And those Brazilian starfish should go well with that; I'm glad I just had dinner, else I'd be salivating ;)

Good catch on the watering system btw, coulda been way worse if left unnoticed. Even the non-mechanical systems (e.g. autopot) give me trouble sometimes with lines clogging, had a plant looking really sad after a few days of being away... Now I have a good excuse to check up on the ladies even more often :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

juanitos said:
so i found pork butt 1.19$ lb at the store and couldn't help but pick some up. I can eat this all week!.

That looks delicious. Now I want to have me a smoked pig sandwich for lunch... if we still have some leftovers. That's a great price for pig butt. We stock up below $1.75. Never see it that low down here.

I like a simple salt and pepper rub the day before smoking pig or brisket. Sometimes I stuff garlic cloves into the sliced made in the fat but never mop or baste. A steam pan takes care of that part. I put on the meat and the next time I open the smoker is when the meat hits 205° I used to put a thick kosher salt crust on a brisket but that's hard on the hardware.

I use more red oak or pecan and less lump charcoal for more smoke flavor. I don't soak the wood but use it as fuel. Cheaper that way too since the wood is free except for the cutting and splitting and chunk making.

juanitos said:
I'm gonna enable orders August 1.

I'll probably get a buttload of orders to start out so it will take a little longer to fill them all.
I placed an order but Im stupid and didnt leave a comment. I would like superhots only please! However many varietys is fine. I would like them labeled as well, not sure if they come labeled or not.

Thanks for being the pepper king! Looking forward to the tears

That jpgs that went red is fire nice work! Had that pod with lunch and gave a wild chest and tongue burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back