• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

July 4th pods

Harvest pod pics for the Holiday! Happy 233rd B-day America, enjoy the fireworks and travel safe everyone.

Tray #1 with yellow, red, and chocolate Fatalli, Lemon Drop, Chocolate Hab, and Nagas.
IMG_2889.jpg

Tray # 2 has red and orange Donnie's Goat weed, Carribean Red, Jamaican Scoth Bonnet, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, Orange Habs.
IMG_2890.jpg

Tray # 3 contains Yellow Habanero, T. Douglah, Datil, Bhut Jolokia, T. Scorpion, and Joe's Long cayenne.
IMG_2891.jpg

Tray # 4 large Yellow Scorpion, Red Savina, Trinidad Perfume, Cappucino Habanero, Mustard Habanero, White Hab, Bhut Jolokia.
IMG_2892.jpg

This is a truly beautiful spread PRF! I especially like the look of those Trini Perfume pods.

I'm still curious about these. Chinense taste without the heat sounds intriguing for boosting the pepper flavor and not the heat in recipes. How do they taste?

Excellent colorful fireworks display PRF.

Looks like you're using a Nesco dehydrator. How does it work on peppers? I've made loads of jerky with mine but haven't tried drying peppers with it yet.

FiveStar a bell pepper has more heat than a Trinidad Perfume. Just using the trays for easy display most will go in sauce this round. Thanks for everyone's reply. Getting ready to start drinking and popping peppers all weekend long. Dehydator works perfect at 115 degrees SS for drying chili.

Gorgeous pods Cappy! And oh what a variety. The colors really pop with your camera and presentation skills. Happy 4th to you!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
All together now.
IMG_2896.jpg

My first Douglah.
IMG_2904.jpg

and the huge Yellow Trinidad Scorpions I received from Chris.
IMG_2910.jpg

Great harvest pictures fireworks for the 4th, looks like your having great success with the Doughlah and that Yellow Trinidad Scorpion is amazing.

Awesome load! I can't wait to start picking mine, if the weather ever warms up and they start to rippen. Have fun eating them all.

great looking harvest Cappy...colors are awesome...looks like your weather has finally started cooperating...I'm afraid night time temps above 80 have hit here...it's 84F here right now...which means reduced pod set...I will still have a couple more harvests of pods that are on right now...

The yellow pod is a Jamaican Scotch Bonnet that is used in the famous Jerk recipe. Really liked this pepper a lot last year, ate it in most everything. Nighttime temps are up above 80F here at night also AJ. Happy 4th of July America.:bday:

Back