• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June will be a REAL THROWDOWN!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well, if the challenges are setup to be made on Tuesday, when does the final entry have to be posted?

We're currently in Austin area for two granddaughter graduations and my oldest sons wedding (all three were yesterday...sheeesh!).
We will begin the trip back Tuesday and have to make a product presentation with a grocery chain Tuesday afternoon, so will not be back in New Orleans (my current jobsite) until sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday morn.

...and the work in Nawlins has been why I haven't been seen on here much either, since we have been working 7 days a week at 10-14 hour days to meet a deadline and have now pretty much finished, so as of last week slowed to a regular 5 day schedule (finally!).
Tuesday I'll also find out if there is more or new work in the area for me, if/where we get transferred to another jobsite, or if they are gonna have layoffs.

Timing is everything, so kinda need to know... and already have a challenge in mind. :whistle:

LOL @ SL.I hope I can tag TB right at 7:00:00 on Tuesday. I want to test his burger prowess, since I wasn't an active member at the time the original TD took place. That...and I'm hoping we can meet up, and do the TD at the same location...maybe shoot a video... Would be even cooler to test each others' burgers...

That would be cool, LunchBox! Hope it can work out.

Coach, it sounds like the time to place your challenge will start Tuesday, and then the TD will start Friday and go for 2 weekends. That's my understanding, but I don't think the Boss has posted the OFFICIAL rules and times. He has stated that it will go longer than the usual 3-day weekend.

Hope you can jump into the fray, the more the merrier!

...well, if the challenges are setup to be made on Tuesday, when does the final entry have to be posted?

We're currently in Austin area for two granddaughter graduations and my oldest sons wedding (all three were yesterday...sheeesh!).
We will begin the trip back Tuesday and have to make a product presentation with a grocery chain Tuesday afternoon, so will not be back in New Orleans (my current jobsite) until sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday morn.

...and the work in Nawlins has been why I haven't been seen on here much either, since we have been working 7 days a week at 10-14 hour days to meet a deadline and have now pretty much finished, so as of last week slowed to a regular 5 day schedule (finally!).
Tuesday I'll also find out if there is more or new work in the area for me, if/where we get transferred to another jobsite, or if they are gonna have layoffs.

Timing is everything, so kinda need to know... and already have a challenge in mind. :whistle:

*And don't forget you have to stop by here to give me your salsa presentation. Your staff forgot to tell you.

Well LB it shouldn't be a problem as long as you are visiting the Austin area this weekend (Georgetown to be specific), or happen to be somewhere along Hwy 290 to Houston, and IH-10 from there to New Orleans on Tuesday. :)

A big BLURGH on I-10 between Houston and N'awlins - - - simply THE flattest, straightest, BORINGEST drive ever ......
Hope you can make it in the TD!

A big BLURGH on I-10 between Houston and N'awlins - - - simply THE flattest, straightest, BORINGEST drive ever ......

I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson is pretty straight and boring. The only thing that makes it somewhat fun is running with the semi's at 90+... and an ostrich farm that is charming.

At least between Houston and N'awlins there are a $[#!t]-ton of refineries that spit large tongues of golden-amber flames towards the heavens. Somewhere around Beaumont.

The Florida Turnpike is the most flattest, straightest, boringest drive ever.

Sheesh, summer boy.... 90+ ? How 'bout 110+ on I-15 through the Mojave? YEEEEHA!

That aside, I'm thinking of the stretch of I-10 where there is nothing but trees on either side of the road, like you're going down a long flat tunnel - just about puts me to sleep every time. But you Florbidian guys win a prize anyway - took a peek at the Florida Turnpike's official website, and see that they're billing it as "The Less Stressway" :lol:
Is that what you're hoping for, for this TD? ;)

I-90 from the Wyoming border to Sioux Falls I probably averaged 110, but at that speed NOTHING is boring!

I know the I-10 area you speak of. I've encountered it MANY times. New Orleans to TX is one gigantic bridge through a swamp. An older lady got in an accident on it a couple years ago... jumped the railing and got stuck in the trees, alive and unable to call for help because of injuries... she was stuck there for, what seemed to her, many moons.

True Story... get OnStar.

[EDIT: Back on topic... I don't think anyone would dare to challenge the triple stack of SoFlo DO, but I'm game if they do. I'm actually looking forward to challenging another crown-holder.]

Ouch - sounds like a dozer at the wheel - not unimaginable on that stretch. Here's hoping she at least ended up with some fantastic crawfish after her ordeal! Hmmm..... crawfish...... hmmmm...... SL..........

CHALLENGES will start Tuesday May 31 at 7 PM EDT, put an alert on your phone because these will be first come first served.

Those that are tentative need to decide before then!

This seems like a good general time for all time zones, meethinks.

So 9am Wednesday Eastern Aussie Time

At least it's just a matter of getting up, posting your challenge, then going back to bed....... IF the kiddos will let you, at least.

Hope you can make it in the TD!

Hmmm...OKC to St. Lousy is dreadful as well...7 hours of flat nothingness.

Oh...Neil...on the last day of school, I showed a bunch of your clips from youtube...the kids LOVED IT!

Ha ha ha ha I could just imagine the kids watching it too

It's a riot...they say, "It can't be THAT hot...", then I give them a taste of ghost pepper sauce...and when they stop crying, I explain that the sauce is "thinned down", and the pepper itself is 4, 5, maybe 6x hotter...not 6 tastes...SIX TIMES hotter.

Needless to say, there are some Texas middle schoolers that respect the hell out of Neil.

Oh...and a little funny...one of my Hispanic students told his mom how much I et chile, and asked her to make me some hot sauce. She said she would have to tone it down, since I'm a "gringo" <white guy>. He said he looked at his mom, and said, "Mom...he's not like the other gringos...you need to make this HOT." ;)

Well another one bites the dust, I'm leaving Fri. morning at 0Dark30 on a fire assignment to TX for probably 2-3 wks.

I so wanted to take on SL with the Bayou Blast, it would have been a Glorious Battle.

Maybe I can sneek away to TB or LB's and do it, NOT

l'll be in Lubbock Sat. night and working the west TX area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back