• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JungleRain 2012_2013 Hot Chilli Season

Well it's time to start a new season, this year I have just over 600 plants to go outside into the ground and pots this week
I haven't been around much of late, but here goes.....

a few pics of the start;

Here is the front yard.

FrontYardBeginning2.jpg

FrontYardBeginning1.jpg

the back yard;

BackYardBeginning.jpg

and some of the seedling waiting to be settled;

115Seedlings.jpg

BackRoomSeedlings.jpg

the last lot of seedlings;

LastofSeedlings.jpg

Hi Grant, looks like you have the Bull by the horns there, really awsome batch of peppers, I hope you have great luck with them. I'll be keeping myself warm this winter watching your garden grow.
George W.

Looking great Grant! No Burmese Naga this year? If not, why not?

Yes I have the Burmese Naga still growing after overwintering it and another 50 plants, they're just coming out of their winter sleep now.
most did OK, but looks like I might loose about 8 plants

thanks Joe, thanks George, just waiting to have more mormer days, the sun comes out for a day or two, then its rain and overcast ....

Grant, thanks for the reply. Just want to make sure the Burmese Naga is worth growing for the summer of 2013. I only have 10 pots to grow... do you have more photos of it?? Does it produce a lot of pods?

Better question, if you only have 10 pots, would you grow it?

:woohoo:

It's that wonderful time of the year when Grant starts his new season glog! :D

As usual, looking forward to it, Grant!

(Love the front garden too, BTW. I want something fancy like that with rock edging and all that too! :snooty: haha I know... you only get out what you put in. ;) Perhaps a project I can start working on now to be ready for next season.....)

That Burmese Naga really puts out some large pods, very interesting. How cold is your winters there Grant, I've just been going by the assumption that your winters are warm and wet. Been to long since I was there in the 70's to remember how the weather is.

Grant, thanks for the reply. Just want to make sure the Burmese Naga is worth growing for the summer of 2013. I only have 10 pots to grow... do you have more photos of it?? Does it produce a lot of pods?

Better question, if you only have 10 pots, would you grow it?

sure... it has a nice size with plenty of heat and flavour, also its very productive.
That Burmese Naga really puts out some large pods, very interesting. How cold is your winters there Grant, I've just been going by the assumption that your winters are warm and wet. Been to long since I was there in the 70's to remember how the weather is.

The weather over this way can get down to around 1C or 30 F on some winter mornings, but mostly its around 48 F in the mornings up to 60 Fduring the day

Half of the seedlingS are in the ground now and are growing strong;

View from Above

PA310057.jpg

Front Yard Left Side

PA310053.jpg

Front Yard Right Side

PA310055.jpg

A Couple of Closer Pics

PA310062.jpg

PA310063.jpg

Black Ruby (hybrid)

PA310059.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T x 7pot/pod Jonah f3

PA310060.jpg

Not much space between the plants there, Grant? Not that I can talk... ;) The plants in my garden would be spaced out no more than that. I've even got volunteers coming right up next to other plants that I haven't been bothered moving or culling or anything. I figure let 'em have a big ol' party! :D

The Black Ruby sounds interesting! Can you reveal the parents or is it a secret? :shh:

Sensory overload....awesome grow list JR. That Jonah-T cross is going to be one huge, sinful bastard. Thanks for giving me something to drool over through the winter.

It looks really impressive Grant. Gonna be a tight squeeze come harvest time. Those soaker hoses must work good? Do you need to water them every day?

Back