• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JUR-Z Devil Kinda Sorta Not A Glog Yet For GIP

Well GIP made the point to say to me and i quote​
"people here like looking at pepper photos even if they seem like you used a potato for a lens :lol:"​
Because I am OCD and explained I need a better camera first...​
So, for GIP and others who just love pics regardless, i will do what i can till the new camera materializes...​
 ​
Before I move them out and replant them in red solo cups for the rest of their indoor life here are some pics of about 80 plants started 1st week of december and another 30 or so started mid january.. also my overwinters mixed with my herbs...​
 ​
I apologize, but i dont even have a zoom on this old camera phone...​
 ​
1st pic, my personal plants for this seasons crop of pods and seed stock both open and isolated this year:​
 ​
63+ varieties so far above ground 23 or so still waiting to germinate.. 19 germinating as i write this...​
over 100 before season starts​
Above ground so far....​
Reaper - Moruga - Douglah - Chocolate Bhutlah "crazy hot seeds shitty version" - Butch T - Naga Viper - Peach Ghost - Dorset Naga - 7 Pot Red Giant - 7 Pot Barrackpore - Bhutlah Scorpion - CP 115 - Chocolate Bhutlah SM - Apocalypse - MA Wartyx -​
MA Daisy Cutter - MA Faces - MA Purple Naga Viper - Pink Tiger - BBG7 x PDN - BBG7 Y x Moruga Yellow - BBG7 White -​
BBG7 Orange - BBG7 Chocolate - BBG Mamp - Bleeding Butch T - Bleeding Borg 9 - TSL x BBG7 Orange - Mini Peach Ghost -​
Mojo Scoundrel - Chocolate Brain Strain - Yellow Brain Strain - Red Brain Strain - Black Bhutlah Scorpion - 7 Pot Brown -​
Peter Pepper - Cayenne - CPR - BTR - Orange Long Tail Scorpion - Brazilian Moruga - Jigsaw Moruga - Kraken - Peach Naga -​
Big Mustard Mama - Big Black Mama - Big Yellow Mama - Big Red Mama - Bishop Crown - Chocolate Moruga - Mojo Red -​
Borg 9 - Rouge Noir - Mutant Candlelight - Chocolate Lava - Naga Brain Red - Red Savina -Scotch Brains - Jigsaw - TS Cardi -​
Brazilian Ghost - UBSC Brown - Chocolate Madballz​
 ​
They are a nice green in real life and the dark ones are near black... this camera phone picks up all the yellow though...​
That back wall is pure white...​
Image020420170354441_zpsggbxb1do.jpg
 ​
Still need the following as had no luck with mine :
Bolivian Rainbow, Numex Twilight, Gengis Kahn Brains, Chocolate and Mustard Moruga brains, Red Yellow And Chocolate Naga Brains, Aji Omnicolor and other delicious Aji's, Rocotos, Chocolate Borg 9, Armagedon, Sepia Serpent, MRM 7 pot brown Peach and red, Bhutlah Bubblegum red and chocolate, Naglah Beast, Trepadeira Do Werner, Murupi Amarela, Aji Fantasy, Coyote Zan White, Sugar Rush, Aji Oro, Sangria, Medusa, Tein Tsin, Starfish, Orchid, Nosegay, Takanotsume, Masquerade, ARIBIBI GUSANO, Centenial, pretty in purple, poinsettia, prairie fire, Yatsufusa, Royal Black, Aurora, Any weirdos or beauties or oddballs, probably out of space, but shit is addicting...​
 ​
Pic #2 Just my 10 overwinters...​
 ​
downsized_Image020420170427311_zpsc8o1dj7u.jpg
 ​
 ​
pic #3 watering bin with about 50 of the plants ill probably sell in may started december 1st above ground before dec 7th...​
Reapers, Douglahs, Morugas, cp115, Chocolate Bhutlah, pink tiger, bbg x pdn, 7 pot brown..and more​
downsized_Image020420170426491_zpshawc9oan.jpg
 ​
 ​
well thats that for now... ill post what i can and hopefully find a better camera...​

JUR-Z-Devil said:

yeah, i still have a good 3 months before they go outside so the flowering being behind doesnt apply...but everything else you said is right for sure... much bushier, more branches with more flowering sites... works wonders.... thanks for stopping by... do you have a glog up?
I'll be following to see how your plants grow and pod up. My glog is named 'Jason's first glog 2017 (Aus)'
Thanks for asking, not sure how many full plant pics I got but I'll get some more up soon.

moruga welder said:
All looks good bro ,  I hear ya on the camera thing , I need to up it ,       :party:
yeah it kills me having to take amateur looking pics... luckily people here are friendly so i can get over it for now.. FOR NOW... but ill def up the game this season

Henri said:
Wow.. it's a jungle in there!

Getting there... :cheers:

Jase4224 said:
I'll be following to see how your plants grow and pod up. My glog is named 'Jason's first glog 2017 (Aus)'
Thanks for asking, not sure how many full plant pics I got but I'll get some more up soon.
I found it... looks great so far... you're mid season down under right?

bpiela said:
Plants look great!  What part of Jersey are you from?

Thanks... South Amboy... I am dead center of the bay... can see the water through the trees... :metal: 

Bluesman said:
Where´s Tarzan? Mighty jungle you have. I love it. 
Any life in Mutants?

Im up to 8 now!!! the germination rate on these things is nothing like i expected... i could have swore they were mostly sterile etc... this is one of the fastest germinating and fastest growing plants i have ever seen... my 2 week old ones are as tall and leafy as most of my 2 month old chinenses.. amazing plant...

JUR-Z-Devil said:
I found it... looks great so far... you're mid season down under right?
Yep mid season and everything is podding up. Most of the picking will be in Feb/March and will go into April.

When is your main picking month/s?

Jase4224 said:
Yep mid season and everything is podding up. Most of the picking will be in Feb/March and will go into April.

When is your main picking month/s?

because i start them inside so early mine start to fruit near immediately when i take them outside... so it starts usually first week of june if i bring them out mid may... goes full blast july till september october...

Just a few days later after a calcium feeding and they exploded... really crowding out now so time to pull the back tray out of the cabinet and spread them out for repotting in the next couple days..​
 ​
Image020720171004461_zpsnzgnsudn.jpg
 ​
Outside the cabinet... Penny on a leaf for size..... 32 plants in there..​
 ​
Image020720171012471_zpsutpubcgr.jpg
 ​
One of my beauties.. Very excited to see fruit this year.. BBG7 x PDN... Pink​
So big already and still nearly 3 months to go indoors..​
 ​
Image020720171016531_zpsku2lmqec.jpg
 ​
 ​
Some of these when repotted and topped will start growing out more side branches like the one in my hand and i will remove a side branch for clones... then i will be able to sell some clones too.. they will be smaller to fit in smaller boxes for easier and cheaper shipping but will be just as mature... minus about 2 weeks for the new roots to set.....​

tctenten said:
Man. That is going to be huge by May. I grew a PDN a couple of years ago....real nice foliage.

yeah she is a real black beauty... the other three in the tray are BBG Mamp, Pink Tiger, and Mojo Scoundrel....

But i also just got a huge shipment of seeds from GIP with other very awesome PDN and Pink Tiger Mamp crosses... Very excited... Some of the pics he showed me are simply breath taking

Ok time to get started on some of GIP's awesome Seeds...​
First I get the seeds.. A Plastic Plate,numbered, a coffee filter, and a one gallon ziplock...​
 ​
Image020720171151291_zpsq95z2bps.jpg
 ​
I place the plastic plate in the baggy with some water in it.. seal it up and microwave it for a good minute to sterilize...​
The baggy shrivels some from the steam but survives all the same...​
Pull it out and let kool...​
 ​
Image020720171150591_zpsuxdnquol.jpg
 ​
I then place the coffee filter on the plate after its kooled...​
Give it one good mist of hydrogen peroxide...​
Place each type of seed on a number of the plate, and spray again with peroxide...​
 ​
Image020720171203181_zps5guu0tjo.jpg
 ​
Write down whats on each number...​
19. My Long Term Secret Project Hopefully Ready To Show This Season...​
20. PDN x Bhut Peach Pheno​
21. Orange Gum Tiger Mamp​
22. Reaper x Tepin (Tried a seed... Amazing flavor... Immediate desire to have on pizza)​
23. Pimenta Puma x Reaper​
24. CGN21500 x Barrackpore​
25. 7 Pot Johnah x PDN​
26. Pimenta Puma​
27. Hair Pepper​
 ​
Image020720171208481_zpsigvthj7s.jpg
 ​
Place in the baggy, seal it and into the dresser draw...​
Heated By 75 watt bulb covered with aluminum foil...​
 ​
Image020720171149411_zpswvwzaak1.jpg
 ​
Thermostat Probe to Helix Digital Thermostat​
 ​
Image020720171149591_zps5zairm24.jpg
 ​
Thermostat set at 85 degrees... Jumped up 86 when the draw was opened the light came on...​
 ​
Image020720171150341_zpshvkebs4z.jpg
 ​
 ​
Repeat with remaining varieties... In the draw and wait...​
 ​

JUR-Z-Devil said:

yeah she is a real black beauty... the other three in the tray are BBG Mamp, Pink Tiger, and Mojo Scoundrel....

But i also just got a huge shipment of seeds from GIP with other very awesome PDN and Pink Tiger Mamp crosses... Very excited... Some of the pics he showed me are simply breath taking

:rofl:   I only sent ya 17 new ones :lol:
 If i sent a huge shipment of seeds i couldn't have got my wife to cram them all in that card like a pop up book : :party:  would have needed to use an actual bubble mailer.

JUR-Z-Devil said:

Ok time to get started on some of GIP's awesome Seeds...​
First I get the seeds.. A Plastic Plate,numbered, a coffee filter, and a one gallon ziplock...​
 ​
Image020720171151291_zpsq95z2bps.jpg
 ​
I place the plastic plate in the baggy with some water in it.. seal it up and microwave it for a good minute to sterilize...​
The baggy shrivels some from the steam but survives all the same...​
Pull it out and let kool...​
 ​
Image020720171150591_zpsuxdnquol.jpg
 ​
I then place the coffee filter on the plate after its kooled...​
Give it one good mist of hydrogen peroxide...​
Place each type of seed on a number of the plate, and spray again with peroxide...​
 ​
Image020720171203181_zps5guu0tjo.jpg
 ​
Write down whats on each number...​
19. My Long Term Secret Project Hopefully Ready To Show This Season...​
20. PDN x Bhut Peach Pheno​
21. Orange Gum Tiger Mamp​
22. Reaper x Tepin (Tried a seed... Amazing flavor... Immediate desire to have on pizza)​
23. Pimenta Puma x Reaper​
24. CGN21500 x Barrackpore​
25. 7 Pot Johnah x PDN​
26. Pimenta Puma​
27. Hair Pepper​
 ​
Image020720171208481_zpsigvthj7s.jpg
 ​
Place in the baggy, seal it and into the dresser draw...​
Heated By 75 watt bulb covered with aluminum foil...​
 ​
Image020720171149411_zpswvwzaak1.jpg
 ​
Thermostat Probe to Helix Digital Thermostat​
 ​
Image020720171149591_zps5zairm24.jpg
 ​
Thermostat set at 85 degrees... Jumped up 86 when the draw was opened the light came on...​
 ​
Image020720171150341_zpshvkebs4z.jpg
 ​
 ​
Repeat with remaining varieties... In the draw and wait...​
 ​

Glad to see they are getting added to this years grow  :dance:
best of luck, your off to a nice start (ahead of me as far as growth on your starts already) you're going to have so many good size plants come May  :)

Keep it Spicy
:cheers:

still the biggest mass of seeds i ever got in one envelope... i started all 17 making 27 varieties in the germination plates. if all pop it will put me at 91 varieties (maybe 10 max that are just color differences like yellow and red brains... i tried to avoid doing that to focus on distinct varieties)and i still have seeds coming so i may be over 100 iso's easy this season. i don't even think i should attempt the tomatoes i was gonna add. maybe just focus on the peppers this season...  even if some seeds fail completely i have so many varieties coming i don't see how i wont surpass 100. that will easily put me at the 130plus plant range cause a few will be multiples like my secret project pepper , my 8 or 9 mutant candlelights and 6 or 7 aji white lightnings. but im sure a number of plants will get regulated to sfrb status for less than perfect pheno...

:rofl:
right there with ya man
so many dang plants  :lol:
(did you see i added even more to this years grow list :dance:  )
I spent so long sorting through my collection and narrowing it down, and yet i'm back around 100 again  :rolleyes:
and thats not even counting the; cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, radishes, carrots, etc.

I'm already thinking about 2018 grow and all my 2017 seeds aren't even up yet  :lol:

:cheers:

same boat... with what i have planned for my site and glog and vlog etc... these plants this season are gonna be a full time job... but hey, they say do what ya love, and id be doing this even if it didnt pay...

Im gonna offer things no ones ever seen offered before when checking out seed sources... Some who have heard my plans think its overboard... some scream YYYEESSS its about time... I simply say, Id do it just for me anyway so even if it doesnt work out business wise, im doing what i love...

Time to break out the large tray and solo cups...​
 ​
Image020820171546041_zpsknylgvyi.jpg
 ​
Heat Up The Soldering Iron​
 ​
Image020820171546151_zps4n305d2z.jpg
 ​
Melt some holes for bottom feeding...​
 ​
Image020820171546241_zpsbxx45tzf.jpg
 ​
Repot(cup) My personal plants... Build a cup wall alarm to keep cat away from plants...​
Right side...​
 ​
downsized_Image020820172029191_zps27dtihkk.jpg
 ​
 ​
Left Side...​
 ​
downsized_Image020820172029331_zpsor06udjr.jpg
 ​
long shot about 100 plants... Still need to recup the front 60... those will be sold in may... all spouted about december 7th..​
 ​
 ​
downsized_Image020820172028591_zpsfsu6ijyj.jpg
 ​
Out of focus view of one of my 9 candlelight mutants...​
 ​
Image020820172030241_zpsrdmxfhj1.jpg
 ​
Thats all for today...​

Back