Just browsing around for interesting variaties

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself out of politeness, my name is Ted and I'm growing chilis for a few years now. I have my own crossings and tend to grow less hot chinenses. As I don't have the luck to be born into a sunshine country, I'm in a cold, windy and wet country. (Currently living in the Netherlands).

Over the last years peppers got a bit more familiar in the local cuisine, but mainly because of the large number of former inhabitants of the Dutch East-indies. I'm not really from a family that ate a lot of hot food, except for the occasional indonesian or chinese dishes. I actually got familiar with peppers through the German military. During some encounters with US personel I actually got into contact with the MRE jalapeno cheese spread, which I liked a lot (yes I know the army guys are nagging about their food, but trust me, german schmelzkäsezubereitung (cheesespread) tastes a lot worse!).

Back home I tried to find jalapeños, but these were not sold in the supermarkets. We had some turkish Urfa bibers and offcourse the here well known cayennes and rawits. Only over the past few years we are actually getting more and more peppers on the market (jalapeno, aji umba, madame jeanette, habanero etc). Therefore I was forced to grow my own jalapeños - and with success! I've grown quite some jalapeño variaties, but the jalapeño early is still my favorite due to our climate.

My current seed inventory is quite extensive, though nothing compared to some of the other enthousiasts here;

Annuums;

Anaheim chili
Bird's eye baby
Bird's eye demon
Budai Csipös
Bulgarian Carrot
Bohócsapka
Keckskeszarv
Large Pimento
Hungarian Black
Hungarion Yellow Hotwax
Goat's weed
Garai Fehér
Fish pepper
Filius Blue
Jalapeño Dulce
Jalapeñona Red
Jalapeño Jumbo
Jalapeño Colima
Maule's Red Hot
Macskasarga
Mackska Narancs (Orange cat in hungarian)
Mulato Isleno
Numex Centennial
Numex R Naky
O't Hiêm
Onza
Nepalese Bell
Táltos
Thai Cili
Poinsettia
Peperconcini Tondi
Pimento de Padron
Poblano
Prik Kee Noo
Red Cherry Large
Pimienta Cereja
Pasilla Bajio
Santa Fé Grande
Rojo Red
Urfa Biber
Serrano Tampiqueno
Vezena piperka x Hungarian Black F2
Vezena piperka

Chinenses

Jamaican Habanero Chocolate
Habanero Geel
Habanero Rood
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F4 (via Aji Joe, through Meatfreak)
Habanero
Habanero Red Savina
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Caramel
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion CARDI Yellow
Fidalga Roxa
7pod Brainstrain
7pod Red
Aribibi Gusano
Cheiro Roxa
Devil's Tongue White
Naga Morich
Pimenta Lisa F3
Pimenta Lisa Peach F2
Infinity
Scotch Bonnet
West Indian Red

Baccatums

Aji Ahuachapáu
Aji Amarillo
Bishop's Crown
Criolla Sella
Aji Crystal
Aji Limón

Bell peppers

Marconi Red
Peperone Nocera Rosso
Peperone Corni di Toro Rosso
Pinot Noir F1
Purple Beauty

Offcourse I grown a lot of other species, of which some wild chilis and experimental crossings. I came to this forum due to the large user base, hoping to find some more information on new interesting varieties. I do work for a San Diego based US company, so I might actually get to see some of you guys in real life at some point.

Welcome from Romania!
How is the Vezena piperka x Hungarian Black F2 ? Is one of your own crossings? I just got the Vezena seeds this year, I wonder what can be out of this crossing.

Buna Ziwa :P

It was started as an accidental crossing, it's a perfect pizza pepper. Relatively mild (though quite some seeds) with a lot of sweetness and it is still firm after baking (but not though/leathery). It's a black pepper with the corky rippling of the vezena piperka, but it's not completely stable yet. I'm planning to replant the F3 version soon.

Back