• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

JUST GOT THESE AT THE MARKET

the green ones are supposed long hots, the small round red ones were called cherry hots, the larger reds i think are fresno's and the yellow i have no clue. havent tried them yet going to be cooking some up tonight just wanted to know whaT I WAS GETTING MY SELF INTO
IMG00144.jpg
:idea:
i got some supposed fresno's before but they wer enot hot and pretty sure mariachi pepper these look a lot slimmer

All are nice mild peppers. The long hots are a little hotter, but the rest are in the jalapeno/serrano heat range. Do something cool with them and post pics. Hint: the cherry ones are perfect for poppers!

x2 with JayT

those are the mid level heat range. they won't hurt you, but you'll know they are there. fresno are a nice sweet heat and solid pepper flavor; great in stir fry dishes. the long guys are great in cheese steaks. stuff the cherries with provolone and prosciutto and either pickle them or batter fry them. same with the yellow guys. these are good all-around hot peppers.

Get all the Fresno's you can now. Here in Las Vegas we get them only for about 2 months and then nada! I've been using them for poppers and sauce with habaneros. Great pepper!

Salute', TB.

Yellow ones might be Carribe.
It's a Hybrid.
They sell a lot of them here mixed together in various stages of ripeness.
A pack will have them in Yellow,orange and sometimes red.

http://www.siegers.com/shop/kind.asp?kind_id=AAB3

IM003541.jpg

There are a lot of pod variations with Caribe pods.Sometimes they are pointed,other times they are round bottomed or lobed.All in the same pack... off the same bush too.

im leaning more towards golden caribe think your right smokemaster, the supposed fresno's this time actually had a little heat which was nice proving to me that they were fresno's this time not maricahi. the long hots were pretty dang hot to tell you the truth, ive had other long hot but this was was smoking surprisingly (kept seeds) actually i save all the different chile varieties. except the long hot the other peppers heat kinda hit the back of my mouth rather than a hab which will get my lips and whole mouth but was nice flavor!

way too much for me and my girl we mesquite smoked these onthe grill not in pic was two nice marinated chicken breast but whatever,

a few are brie stuffed a few only cream cheese a few brie and cream cheese
some three cheese with provolone. seasoned bacon wrapped.
IMG00146.jpg

was not a big fan of the brie wont be trying that again i hope.
i also tried stuffing them in different ways. as you can see just to try it out.
the long hot i decided to (Godfather) i guess you could say took LONG time but it was easy to eat.

The Fresnos in the stores are like Jalapenos got to be.
All kinds of Hybrids etc. so you never know what your buying as far as heat and sometimes taste.
The Fresnos here look like the ones you pictured but one batch will be mild and another will have more heat.

Back