• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Just put up a third batch

sliced peaches, 4 dried ghost pepper pods, some chili water and some probiotic tabs

Attachments

• slicedpeaches.jpg
    slicedpeaches.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 125
  • soakingpodsandprobiotics.jpg
    soakingpodsandprobiotics.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 124
  • roughblendwithchiliwater.jpg
    roughblendwithchiliwater.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 122
mrbill said:
i really think it is because i strained out all of the solids including the peach pulp.

Then get yourself a powerful blender. I have a Blendtec and it's a beast. After blending, I run the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and only have about 10% max loss of volume to solids. I recently did a sauce with fresh pineapple and from 1200ml of blended sauce I had less than 100ml of solids left after straining.

Siv said:
Then get yourself a powerful blender. I have a Blendtec and it's a beast. After blending, I run the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and only have about 10% max loss of volume to solids. I recently did a sauce with fresh pineapple and from 1200ml of blended sauce I had less than 100ml of solids left after straining.

We keep hearing about this appliance:

salsalady said:
I love the blendtec, but again it has a 64 oz-ish capacity carafe. Blendtec smokes the Ninja for absolutely pulverizing anything. I have not used a vitamix.
Other than a search, blendtec total blender , anybody have a model to recommend?

I have the "Designer Series" in red because my wife insists on red kitchen appliances and I paid over $500 6 years ago with two extra jars. I think all the consumer versions have the same motor so the difference is only looks. So find one that suits your price. And note that the jars are expensive - $100.

This looks like a stonking deal to me: https://www.amazon.com/Blendtec-Wildside-Professional-Grade-Self-Cleaning-Pre-programmed/dp/B01FHQVY8I/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=blendtec&qid=1597417407&s=home-garden&sr=1-2

Back