• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2013 Garden Season

Coming from 2012
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27752-justaguys-2012-garden-season/page__st__300

Ok life has stabilized and I am finally getting this going.

Back on January 23rd I cleared the back 200
100_2071_zpsbc0ff717.jpg

Then checked on the germ tray I had set up.
100_2072_zps69244853.jpg

100_2073_zps9c1bc1bf.jpg

2 days ago I was going to drop seed in soil, but noticed a fuzzy mold on the soil. It was left over soil from last year. Never used but in it's bag apparently whatever started growing. I deftly removed 3 inches from the bag before getting the tray ready, however that didn't do the trick. I dumped it all and reloaded then let it get back up to temp.

Today I finally dropped seed and it felt so good. :silenced:

100_2075_zpse91f04d6.jpg

And instead of typing up a list I decided to go the easy route.
100_2078_zps6fddcbc5.jpg

Now the fun begins. I will be putting 95 in ground this year and around 30 in containers of some sort or size. I will have sprouts that will not get one of the available 216 cells that will need a home. I may be mailing some sprouts in tubes straight from the germination tray again this year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pr0digal_son said:
Looking good Brian,job keeping you busy it seems?
Yeah....the savings account likes it......the business not so much........sauce levels are getting low. When life is hectic we either grow or break.

PIC 1 said:
Bountiful harvests.....
Thank you. Yours put mine to shame in variety and volume. The isolation plants are getting ripe. Bombays and Bikers oh boy lol.

ok so last year I had Barrackpore and long story short, nothing. This year I had some remaining seeds and now have 3 going.

I just dug through my 2012 Glog and found no mention...grrr

Anyone remember who I got the barrackpore seeds from??

Twins?! Now triplets?!?! Hey man just wanted to drop in and say it was great to finally meet you this weekend. Thanks for the sauce hookup, and I hope you enjoy the peppers. Rock on!

Could you have gotten them from pods I sent ya? I sent you quite a few barrackpores last year. 

Some strange stuff in the water in yonder parts  ;)

Thankfully I saved the baggies even when empty. Once there is fresh seed they will go bye bye, but I knew there was a reason.
I had to dig around to find a post to quote so he will see this, so.....

Thank you for the Barrackpore seeds you sent me for the 2012 season. The first half got nuked by the son of the guy starting them for me. Apparently blue fluid may be miracle grow...or washer fluid.
This year I started some from the remaining seeds. 2 went in the garden and 1 in an isolation bucket. Isolated pods have been marked and it is uncovered and back in "Bucket Row". Will be sending you isolated seed once they are ready.

Holy shiiieett! That's some glog you got going.

Love how your yellow 7's look. Wow the twins and now triplets? Dang I gotta sow the seed you gave me.

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
Holy shiiieett! That's some glog you got going.

Love how your yellow 7's look. Wow the twins and now triplets? Dang I gotta sow the seed you gave me.

, Walter
Thanks Walter, Somewhat tiny glog for me this year due to my work schedule. I have more pictures to put on here one of these days. The isolatione plants are ripening and then I have to get the seed dried and send some out to people.

About to go post up a SFRB Auction for the Yellow 7's. Thinking about selling another with Yellow 7Pots and Morougas with some Fataliis thrown in.

I found 2 fathers during a recent harvest. Here is the one's line up shots.
100_2272_zps9bb77737.jpg

100_2273_zpsbb62ae4b.jpg

100_2269_zpsf9e75415.jpg

Here are some random harvest shots.
Had to get these processed
100_2263_zpsdc9e6b80.jpg

then this harvest came last weekend

Left 5 gallon is more Caribbean Red Habs right big bucket(6-7 gallon is all from the 7 plants out front
100_2274_zpsc4f5c183.jpg

Biker Billy's, Bhuts, Yellow Scorps
100_2275_zpsa0eb1f1d.jpg

Trinidad Scorps(top), Yellow 7's and Morougas(bottom)
100_2276_zpsf6e5ad97.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Sweets on top of serranos
100_2277_zpsde85b555.jpg

Now I have to go start an ID thread for this guy
100_2265_zps9676e399.jpg

That is a quarter and it sat waiting for be deseeded and got wrinkly. My son picked some at Bowers and likes it, so I am going to grow 1 next year, but he doesn't remember the name.

Thanks for stopping by.

Buckets of shiny red pods.......Brian yer getting some killa harvests late in the year. I can see some major red hot sauce flowing...

Justaguy said:
Thanks Walter, Somewhat tiny glog for me this year due to my work schedule. I have more pictures to put on here one of these days. The isolatione plants are ripening and then I have to get the seed dried and send some out to people.

About to go post up a SFRB Auction for the Yellow 7's. Thinking about selling another with Yellow 7Pots and Morougas with some Fataliis thrown in.
Dang, I saw it, but didn't have the bank account loaded. I always seem to see things too late and sometimes early.

I saw your ad on the sfrb, I'm still thinking if I should get or no. I've bought too much lol. I didn't get any peppers at all, my plants died in the first heat wave at 117º for almost a week. So I had to buy a few and some were sent to me. I just hope I can have a better season next year. Oh well lol.

, Walter

Picture Update:
....yes I know I need to take and post more.

1 of my Isolated Yellow 7Pot pods
100_2278_zps77e03d3e.jpg

Some nice Trinidad Scorpions with a quarter for size comparison
100_2282_zps569b9b3a.jpg

The front bed has put out a lot this year and I still have a good many of those f2 seeds from 2011. I am thinking they will get planted again in 2015.
100_2283_zpsdd29ae61.jpg

Today I hope to get some shots of "The Little Hab That Could"....he is coloring up nice.

Hey, Brian. Great harvests there, my friend!  Cool to see that
many pods in one place!  I had a 'little red hab that could' last
year, same story.  Turned out to be a pretty good plant, not as
awesome as yours, but a survivor.   Wonder if that is a Red Hab
trait?

Hope you get to spend more time taking pics and posting!
Kudos on a great season, Brian!

Back