• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jwala or not Jwala, that is the question?

I have 4 pusa jwala plants. 1 of them has different pods than the others.

This plant is allot bigger than the other 3 and the pods are allot bigger too. Very smooth and fat.
d1fd0879.jpg

This one seems is from another plant and seems to resemble the description of Pusa jwala better.
74802b02.jpg

They all came from the same batch of seeds.

Any ideas? they look good anyway though.
Cheers Daz

I think jwala (meaning "fire" from what I have been told) may be a name given to several types of chiles, however the "pusa jwala" is the name given to a more particular pod type. From what I gather a pusa jwala has twisted/wrinkled cayenne type pods about 3-5" long ripening light green/green to red with higher heat than a typical cayenne type chile. Also the plants grow similar to a classic De Arbol chile, or in other words with an umbrella or tree shape. I'm no expert though...

I think jwala (meaning "fire" from what I have been told) may be a name given to several types of chiles, however the "pusa jwala" is the name given to a more particular pod type. From what I gather a pusa jwala has twisted/wrinkled cayenne type pods about 3-5" long ripening light green/green to red with higher heat than a typical cayenne type chile. Also the plants grow similar to a classic De Arbol chile, or in other words with an umbrella or tree shape. I'm no expert though...
+1

Back