• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Kansas couple: Indoor gardening prompted pot raid

That is nuts! One of the first things I did when I started building my growroom, greenhouse and shopping at "those" stores was get in touch with one of the local police that I have known since grade school. I invited him over to have a look at everything I was doing so that he could back and tell the rest of the force. I live in a small town, and my 1000W HPS in the greenhouse is like a beacon at night. I told him they (the police) are welcome to come have a tour any time they wanted.

Hopefully if they ever feel the need to raid me, they will at least knock on the door first and not come busting in with guns terrifying my family.

Things like this keep me up at night... sad.

In reality,the fools won't loose anything if sued.
They pay the suit off with your Tax $.
Then raise taxes so they can still run as usual.

They would have to sue the cops involved ,not the dept.,to hurt anyone but the tax payers.
Worst thing that happens is the guys who ordered the raid loose their jobs...

this shit happens in canada too.
http://canadianawarenessnetwork.blogspot.ca/2011/01/in-bc-expect-government-to-be-knocking.html

in communist canada, no one in government is responsible for any bad decisions, can't have a government worker lose his job, nor his big fat pension...why that would be unjust, cruel and unusual punishment. and even if they make a dumb ass decision, they still are qualified for the big fat bonus, even if target numbers are not met.

here, a cop could even shoot an unarmed legit gardener and be found not responsible due to stress or he felt threatened that the soil may be contaminated.

Former CIA employes to boot. :doh: Likely testing the ideal they can use your shoping list to bust you. As for the judge, many state judges are elected and looking tough on crime is the way to get reelected. Never get busted during a election year.

Back