• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Kato's Amatuer fiery food contest

well as of this time we have only 8 people who say they'll enter our contest. Last time we did this we had 20 people enter with 2-3 entries each. So come on folks enter your best sauce we give out a fine trophy for the overall winner.
just send us an e-mail with hot sauce contest in subject line and we'll add you to the list.

Mick
Kato's

I would enter, but it's winter here....thus I have no homegrown peppers to create my sauce. Do this in the mid-summer and I'm a gamer.

Just called out some of the folks that entered last time, I think there will be more before the weekends over.

thakswet Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:18 pm
Post subject:

I would enter, but it's winter here....thus I have no homegrown peppers to create my sauce. Do this in the mid-summer and I'm a gamer.

thakswet, I'll be using peppers from the freezer or even store bought works.
Had alot of fun last contest and if you make your own sauces you should be entering.

ML

as of now i think we have enough people stating they'll enter we are going ahead and plan to do it and i think April,15th 2006 will be the deadline date for getting youir entries in we have a few from outside the U.S. who will be joining in on the fun I think we have the U.S Canada,UK,France, & Italy represented from our past contests the competetion is tough so we'll need your best effort.

as of now we are just having a general fiery food category which will include hot sauces, infusions, wing sauces, oils etc. our past winner won overall with a rasberry chipotle wing sauce that was fantastic.

Good luck and looking forward to trying your entries

Mick
Kato's

Mississippi Sauce King (MSK) will be joining Kato's in sponsoring Kato's 2nd Amatuer Fiery Food contest. This is great for all the entrants as the prizes will get bigger and better.

A big thank you to MSK for helping promote fiery foods and his interest in helping all of us on this forum to have fun and learn a little something!

Mick
Kato's

I've already mailed it Mick! I included a couple of surprise MSK wearables for you and Rita. Ahhh...the beauty of self promotion :flamethrower:

Starting to wish I could do more than boil water. And when I do, 3 of out 10 cups burp or otherwise blast all the water out of the cup. :? :flamethrower:
Have fun guys.

John

Most folks enter at least 2 and we've had as many as 4 from a single entrant in the past.
So I would say enter as many as you like.
looking foreard to this

Mick
Kato's

kato said:
John

Most folks enter at least 2 and we've had as many as 4 from a single entrant in the past.
So I would say enter as many as you like.
looking foreard to this

Mick
Kato's

I'm looking forward as well! I'm driving my wife nuts. Thankfully we have two kitchens. AS long as I stay in "my" kitchen I think i'll be alright.....

-=john=-

Joining Kato's as a Judge will be Charlene Judge of Dixie Datil hot foods her products have been around since '92' a pioneer in the industry for sure and Kato's is honored to have her as 1 of the judges.

You can see all entries will be judged by a panel of folks who know fiery foods.
As we line up more judges we'll let you know.

Mick
Kato's

It's not to late, we'd like to have you enter.

deadline to have your entry here is April 15th 2006

Just a little over 2 months left to get your entry in.

Mick
Kato's

Kato,

do you have a link for the sauce contest or is it just our friends here at the Hot Pepper who are invited???

I have a mailing list who I could tell about the contest.

T

T

The contest is open to all. Don't have a link but if people would like to enter they can contact us at Kato's or through the forum here. We would like to have a lot of entrants it looks good so far with the U.S., Canada, UK, France, and Italy being represented. So any help you can supply will be appreciated.

Thanks
Mick
Kato's

Kato's has landed another judge for our contest Rusty Suco of
Rusty's Hot Sauce Company the maker of Rusty's Racing Sauce. He Joins Charlene Judge ( Dixie Datil Hot Products) and the Kato's gang

So as you can see we will have some professinal judges to try all your entries.

Remember to have your entries in to us by April 15th 2006.

Mick
Kato's

Well just under a month 4/15/06 till we have to have everyone's entry.

We've added a couple more judges Bob Wynn of World of Hot in Coco Beach and Al Strickland of Cripple Creek Growere a Chile farmer from over in Tampa so we are ready hope all you entrants are as well.

Mick
Kato's

Back