• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Katrina's Fatalii/7 Pot jelly

I am so very nervous to have you two PRO's try my hot sauce!
It will probably have NO heat compared to what you guys are used to!

It's not all about the heat Kat! I would prefer a mild nice tasting sauce over a mouth blistering sauce that tastes like sh!te.
All about getting the heat to work with the flavour in my opinion. If i wanted to just burn the crap out of myself i would just do what Neil does and pop a whole superhot in my mouth! :hell:

Alrighty then, Neil and myself have tried the Jelly and the Sauce as well, Tim (another chilli head) also joined us for the sauce test.
I think that they are both really good, especially the Jelly. I love the flavor and feel in the mouth and the whole all around burn that you get from it, it had to be at least 25% hotter than the sauce.

Anyway we did two vids, one for each product. I will edit this post to include them when they upload to youtube, should be soon for the first vid.
Thanks again Kat for sending me these, they are great. :)
[video=youtube;fiqLxbSFZUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiqLxbSFZUA[/video]

[video=youtube;4n32P4tSssg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n32P4tSssg[/video]

You guys are AWESOME!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me!
You are all great, but to me Neil is like a movie star :P So that was a real treat!

This summer I will send you a few woozies of sauce after taking into consideration all of your comments and adjusting my recipes.

Once again, thank you all so very much that was great.

It was a pleasure Katrina and i am glad that you enjoyed the vids. Neil is fantastic and has come to be a very good friend indeed, there is nothing that the man wouldn't do for ya.
He would even part with the shirt off his back if you needed it, speaking of which the ratty shirt i have on could do with replacing.... :lol:

Thanks again Kat :)

Oh yeah, Penguins are beating up on the Sabres, I've got a lovely beer, and one of the last spoonfuls of this stuff with some cream cheese and crackers.
feels-good-head-0.png

Novacastrian said:
Alrighty then, Neil and myself have tried the Jelly and the Sauce as well, Tim (another chilli head) also joined us for the sauce test.
I think that they are both really good, especially the Jelly. I love the flavor and feel in the mouth and the whole all around burn that you get from it, it had to be at least 25% hotter than the sauce.

Anyway we did two vids, one for each product. I will edit this post to include them when they upload to youtube, should be soon for the first vid.
Thanks again Kat for sending me these, they are great. :)
[video=youtube;fiqLxbSFZUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiqLxbSFZUA[/video]

[video=youtube;4n32P4tSssg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n32P4tSssg[/video]
*Nova's Shocked*
Neil: It's jam!
Nova: I know.
Neil: Jam's nice... :)

:lol:

I sold a LOT this past year, so this year I will hold some back, and make it available to you all :)

Thanks again!

Kat

was a Pleasure to do them thanks Nova for popping down with them and Katrina for sending them, the Yellow fever was Great and as Love Fatali's :) the Jam/jelly is sensational and heat is hotter than the yellow fever whoo hooo Loved it loved it loved it but Nova put away before could pinch it... Jonah Jam , seriously good

You know jellies or jams is a whole new market that is rarely utilized by hot sauce makers. Kat you may be on to something big! I bought some naga peach jelly this year and thought it was great. I love it with pork. Good luck with whatever you do with it. I hope someday I get to try it as Fatalii is my favorite pepper.

JayT said:
You know jellies or jams is a whole new market that is rarely utilized by hot sauce makers.
I don't think you are right. Go to any gourmet jam site and they usually make a pepper jelly, been doing it for years. Not a new market, but you are correct that a lot of sauce makers are not making it.

Sure you can find jalapeno jelly anywhere, but other than an occasional, and I mean rare, habanero jelly sighting, there isn't much use of different peppers for jellies. I found a terrific peach naga jelly at the Bower's Pepper Festival last year, but have never seen anything like that in stores. Fatalii jelly sounds awesome to me.

Back