keygoes:chili - a chili keychain

The early bird has ten empty refills for your own powder. But that's the only place I see that option.

JDFan I believe you are absolutely correct !

Make sure its food grade plastic shaker, people are concerned about that these days.

Good luck, I already see your ads in the adsense here. :)

Hi everyone! Thanks again for discussion. We are startup company, so we are dealing with new things everyday and trying to fit our product towards two communities - the growers community and non-growers community which is a difficult task.

Regarding your questions:
1. the refill is sealed by mechanical click system  - similar to one when you open and close felt-pen, but tighter. So it can be opened by knife or something sharp. But click system can be degradated. We trully understand that chili growers can use their own powder, because its their's baby :) Therefore we added growers pack, so you will receive empty and open plastic containers and you can fill it on your own.

2. the business idea behind selling refills is easy. we would like to stick to low price with free shipping worldwide. we will add also other types of chilies and maybe also something else (stevia, ...). For the most users the price 5usd for 3 refills with shipping included is a bargain and it can last them for few months. Thats a good price for hundreds of upgraded meals :) if you buy 250grams of chili for the same price - ok, but you will have the open bag at home for 2 years. thats not good...

regarding price - retail margins are soo high :) we want to stick with a good materials. therefore our prototype is made from stainless steel which is much more durable and stabile than aluminium cases. but the price is 3 times higher. This keychain can be used for years, i hope that "few bucks" more can be a good value for money. let me know your thoughts.

thanks once again.

g369yg11sxgsicb9br51.jpg
yervm6hclek6jovv2q9k.jpg

Thank you for responding promptly!

Yes 5 USD is a steal for someone who doesn't make their own powders or buy from someone who does.

It is a wonderful idea to include stevia and other products as well! Think about the potential in the diabetic market.

Adding a growers pack that has empty refills is absolutely a good idea.

The added price going to quality of goods sold? Knowing that, then yes, I would fork over a couple more dollars.

All in all I think you have a good product. But what really does it for me is the fact that you keep popping back into this thread to answer questions and explain things to us. That takes it over the top in a good way for me.

Good luck!!! I think you have an excellent product, a good vision, can take criticism and critique without getting defensive ( which can be very challenging to do I might add ), and good dedication!

I wish you all of the luck and look forward to seeing more from you guys!!!

sirex said:
Thank you for responding promptly!

Yes 5 USD is a steal for someone who doesn't make their own powders or buy from someone who does.

It is a wonderful idea to include stevia and other products as well! Think about the potential in the diabetic market.

Adding a growers pack that has empty refills is absolutely a good idea.

The added price going to quality of goods sold? Knowing that, then yes, I would fork over a couple more dollars.

All in all I think you have a good product. But what really does it for me is the fact that you keep popping back into this thread to answer questions and explain things to us. That takes it over the top in a good way for me.

Good luck!!! I think you have an excellent product, a good vision, can take criticism and critique without getting defensive ( which can be very challenging to do I might add ), and good dedication!

I wish you all of the luck and look forward to seeing more from you guys!!!
I'd agree with Sirex here -- the $5 price point while a bit high for the lower levels of heat (ie. Cayenne, Habanero) is pretty reasonable for the hotter types and should sell decently (luckily you are not a U.S. based operation as it would be impossible to keep that price point with the shipping as our shipping rates for international sales would cost more than the sales price ! -- ( 2 ounce package from Texas to Canada starts at $6.35 online/$7.10 if paid at post office !! :banghead:

Having an option to get the empty vials would be good for those that do make their own powder. ( depending on the cost and amount of times it could be refilled ) - the $17 reward level with the keychain, 3 refill sampler and 10 empties seems a good value. and would make a decent gift for the holidays for those that could fill the empties with their personal product to give to friend/family !!)

Hope things go well for you.

Appreciate the response. I agree the $5 price point is pretty solid for the consumer market for refills.

The fact that these are stainless is a nice step up in quality as well.

Have you considered going after the same market as the pill containers? Seems like there is already a pretty large core of customers there to target, and if quality of materials is your defining characteristic, you could put a real dent in the aluminum pill container market.

Hi everyone!

After successfull INDIEGOGO campaign we are live with our keychain at www.keygoes.com. Please check and let us know how do you like it :)

Thanks

George!

Back