• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

KFC chicken?

I've heard tons of friends saying that they've got some chicken wings or some other sh*t at KFC which is EXTREMELY hot. I haven't got around to trying it yet, since I'm in a small town... I was just wondering, is it really that hot? They aren't chileheads so I'm just thinking it'll be child's play for me...

Btw, since i don't have time and I'm not in the mood to use the allmighty search button, is chili chocolate good? And is it hot? I'm talking about the comercial ones, which you can find in big stores everywhere around the world... I'd hate it if I bought yet another lame ass product just because it said CHILI on it...

Chili chocolate tastes good, but I haven't found a hot one. Chocolate and chiles make a divine combination, something that has been known since the time of the aztecs. I've also had some chile/cocoa dry rubs are delicious on chicken or scallops.

I do have a recipe for instant hot cocoa on here that uses a pinch of chile powder in it. It's real good, and I made a crapload over christmas.

Recipe here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8311&highlight=cocoa

And i've found that any product that is mass-marketed as "hot" simply isn't. Most large corporations are catering to the lowest common denominator, which isn't chiliheads. They make things that are just spicy enough to give the average person a "burn" so they feel all tough that they ate it.

If you want real heat, you're probably gonna have to look somewhere else besides KFC.

Txclosetgrower said:
Chili chocolate tastes good, but I haven't found a hot one. Chocolate and chiles make a divine combination, something that has been known since the time of the aztecs. I've also had some chile/cocoa dry rubs are delicious on chicken or scallops.

I do have a recipe for instant hot cocoa on here that uses a pinch of chile powder in it. It's real good, and I made a crapload over christmas.

Recipe here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthr...ot food, nice sensation, thanks for the idea!

DremoraLord said:
That looks like a nice recipe, but it's really tricky. Can't I just use nesquik with chili powder? :D

Edit: Well, nevermind that, I just tried it, wish I had a better quality chili powder, but it's still great, even though I put a bit too much...it really burns your throat though, unlike eating hot food, nice sensation, thanks for the idea!

Yeah the combination of "warm" heat and "chile" heat is pretty damned righteous. Gives a great throat warming sensation.

Note: Do not tell people chile is in the hot cocoa or they simply will not f'ing try it. Tell them afterwards. Also, you can replace that powdered fructose in the recipe with just powdered sugar. Fructose isn't always easy to find.

kfc's chicken is not hot... and it kinda tastes nasty..lol

popeyes is still hotter and tastes better

i use to make habanero fudge all the time... chocolate and chile's go great together

hehe KFC Chicken is far from hot. The recipe is good but the lazy employees don´t cook the chicken well enough, very moist inside.

Popeye is good, too bad we haven´t got one over here.

You know whats funny? I've never really like crispy chicken, or chicken period, Unless it was in wings form or in a chicken sandwhich form "like shredded chicken", Anyways What I did love about KFC was there Mac & cheese, You could buy2 big bunches leave one in the fridge and eat the other one, And the one in the fridge didn't turn nasty like mac & chese normally do!

I would chew my arm off before eating KFC. I think they cook it in used sump oil.

I gave my brother in law a jar of minced up orange habs last year and got back a bag of hab chocolate. It was pretty damn hot.
Had the texture of a coconut rough. Every time I gave someone some chocolate i was promptly abused... "What the %&@# did you put in this?" I thought it was quite good.

I actually like KFC, and tried it in all these different countries. It's mostly anywhere from mild to no heat at all, although in some cases (like that one time in Athens, and I'm pretty sure it was by mistake) it had some real heat. never had anything even close to "extremely hot" or even very hot.

Had all of KFC so called hot and it is not to me but there is some people out there that will say it is. There package of hot sauce is not that hot either.
Dan

will you guys just give it up already!!!!

WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS NO HOT FOOD IN THE MAINSTREAM MARKET.

I have eaten alot food and have yet to find any of the tv commercials portrail of hot to be anything more than crappy pickeled jalapenos and some can cheese.

that being said I have gone out of my way to try it and I guess that is what they were after.....

I have to also mention bad tasting cayenne powder that will often dust some out of the box piece of lard fried mystery meat that will rest on a super enriched white bun and topped with said jalapeno and can cheese combo!!!

any real chilihead will always have a bottle of hot in there pocket to heat up any food they find along there day.

Agreed Phil.

You know when ya go to a place called Flamin' Joes Wings and order the Competition-Level Sauce on your regular order that's about as good as the "normal" market can do without a waiver or lawyers present.. ;) Even then, ya should see the stunned looks from teh staff when ya order a basket of chicken and potato cheesers with 3 sides of Code Red sauce...:lol:

C'mon, ppl sue over coffee that's too hot. Some Naga or even full-on Habs would make most people think they were dying. You know they'd sue. Joe Blow wants to FEEL like he's eating something exciting and dangerous..not actually do it.

Joe's Code Red WidowMaker sauce IS good though. It has habs and some sort of extract..prolly Endorphine Rush.

It's pretty damn hot...but the extracts just kill the experience for me.

-QS

I had KFC Hot & Spicy that was hot once, came straight from the cooker, still steaming when I opened it a few minutes later, it had quite a nice chilli heat to it, not Naga hot, but nice and warm.

I once had Nandos that was hot for me, only once though, the rest of the times have been 'meh' ... but the taste is good.

My boss told me yesterday that KFC has come out with some new grilled chicken that tasted amazing (not hot). Has anyone else tried this yet?

I carry around a variety of naga and habanero based sauces all the time, mainly because like alot of others here the mass marketed stuff isnt even close to regular black pepper heat

Their grilled chicken is made in an oven, their BBQ chicken is deep fried. I wonder if they will come out with smoked chicken. They could boil it.

KFC sucks!! LOL

Not a fast food eater here. I can get good food cheap at local joints.

Back