• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kindlin' Table...Table of Fire...Whatever

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
Was watering my plants this evening and will tell you. I am most proud of my 80 chinense plants...here is what I call my Kindlin' table...

kindlin1xs8.jpg

a few close ups and the last picture of the tray being watered is the "other" tray of chinense.

kindlin2iq7.jpg

kindlin3el7.jpg

kindlin4zc7.jpg

I am trying to be so patient by not planting out yet, but 04 April 2008 is sooooooooooooo far off...

I had a good lesson learned last night and this morning...I can only see damage to one tomato plant..I also sacrificed two pepper plants that were "extras", a Lemon Drop and Aji Amarillo...left them out just to see how they stood the cold...both are dead, dead, dead...thanks all for telling me to wait before major plantout...It only got to 34F (1C) by my thermometer but they are still dead...

not yet Omri...it will be hot enough in about 3 months for 3 months for me...thanks anyway...it will be in the 80's again by the weekend...

I got it and started a response something like this..."sure I will take some heat if you got anything hotter than what I already have"....erased it and gave the conservative answer... :lol:

AlabamaJack said:
I got it and started a response something like this..."sure I will take some heat if you got anything hotter than what I already have"....erased it and gave the conservative answer... :lol:
Then you got it wrong, cause I actually meant weather. :lol:
She's just referring to a different post.

Your plants always look so healthy AJ. Those chinense are sure to light a fire under many a soul this summer. It is getting freezing cold here this evening here too and I'm in the same boat as you with my tomatoes already planted in the garden. Fingers crossed hoping everything will be fine.

Omri said:
Then you got it wrong, cause I actually meant weather. :lol:
She's just referring to a different post.

OK...sorry to be a stick in the mud this evening...just a very stressful day on the job...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Your plants always look so healthy AJ. Those chinense are sure to light a fire under many a soul this summer. It is getting freezing cold here this evening here too and I'm in the same boat as you with my tomatoes already planted in the garden. Fingers crossed hoping everything will be fine.

It got to 34 here this morning and I think I only have damage to one tomato plant I could see...and by the way...the McIlhaney Tabascos are almost 10" tall in the 9 oz cups and are at least 2 inches taller than the tabascos I got from NMSU...It will be a fine year if I can complete this effort.....I think I am going to bed...cya on my first "pee break"... :lol:

how old are those plants.
Looks like the perfect size to put out and still small enough to manage them inside.
This year I'm going for 12 weeks inside then out.
Last year I did the 8 week thing but they were a bit too small.

planted 29 January habman...so they are what 8 weeks old?

AJ,
Your plants are looking amazing! As for stress, I have found (lately) that the fastest stress releiver is to literaly fondle and smell my pepper plants. They really seem to ground me.;) I know that as they get bigger, this practice is going to come to an end cause they will eventually bite back.

AJ - Great looking plants. They look very vigorous and healthy. I must feed my plants Triple Stout. Looks like it works great on peppers. :lol:

By the way, what size of cups are those - 8oz, 12, 16 or, supersized?

Here are some of my Peppers, most are chinese.

IMG_0913.jpg

Red Savina -

IMG_0922.jpg

7 Pods -

IMG_0920.jpg
- thanks Chris.

Sanj said:
AJ - Great looking plants. They look very vigorous and healthy. I must feed my plants Triple Stout. Looks like it works great on peppers. :lol:

By the way, what size of cups are those - 8oz, 12, 16 or, supersized?

Chris, those seedlings look a lot healthier than mine do to me...they look great...

as far as the triple stout goes...that is AJ food... :lol:

those are 9 oz cups...

AJ like always your plants look great. Is it me or does the Fatali actually start growing into a thick plant at a small stage? I am growing a Fatali and it seems so much thicker than my other plants that I planted at the same time. Or it could just be me.

PcolaHot said:
AJ like always your plants look great. Is it me or does the Fatali actually start growing into a thick plant at a small stage? I am growing a Fatali and it seems so much thicker than my other plants that I planted at the same time. Or it could just be me.

The Fataliis are definitely the sturdiest, darkest green, bushiest chinense I have growing...the color of the leaves is a deep deep dark green and the leaves are almost rubbery like...

Chiliac said:
You killed "my" Lemon Drop??? This calls for some tear drops....

There is another...this one had been blown over by the wind and was kinda weak...

Back