• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

Looking good Denniz! That light bar looks right at home over your big boys! Should keep them happy!

...by the way, dunno what time you were traveling home but often license plate lights and tail lamps make a good "probable cause" to catch DUIs. Same reason I've been pulled over for 33 in a 30 zone. Got hit once for the LP light also. No biggie, just a PIA. The dude actually too the time to write me a warning for the 33 in a 30...really??? You already woke up all three of my sleeping kids and wife at 2:30am...and you're gonna hold me here a little longer to waste both our time with this BS??? My dad was a cop...then Secret Service...then Border Patrol. So I grew up around cops...most are great folks, but some have forgotten that is says "Protect and Serve" on the side of their car. I routinely watch them blow right past motorists on the shoulder with car trouble.

Newest poppers.

Orange 7pod
7 pot sR
Scotch bonnet brown
Red fatalii
Bonda me Jacques (at Long last)
Mayan x carbon
Aji limon
JA
Birgit locoto (grow down)
And I couple mystery jiffy pucks I had given up but continues to keep in te heat some.

And also thanks to Steve got some MoA seeds. Already in the aerogarden.

Dude...where in the hell are you going to put all these plants???!!! LOL...better yet, the PODS??? I only grew out maybe 60 harvest plants last year, and it was a full time job just pulling pods! 6-7 hours a couple times a week fo-sho but that was being meticulous about keeping them all seperate. I suppose if I just threw them all in a big a$$ bag I could get through them in maybe 3 hours. I really wanna see what your harvests look like late August through the end of October...

Dude...where in the hell are you going to put all these plants???!!! LOL...better yet, the PODS??? I only grew out maybe 60 harvest plants last year, and it was a full time job just pulling pods! 6-7 hours a couple times a week fo-sho but that was being meticulous about keeping them all seperate. I suppose if I just threw them all in a big a$$ bag I could get through them in maybe 3 hours. I really wanna see what your harvests look like late August through the end of October...

Well as far as plants. I'm going to have a couple of each... Give or take. I'm prepared to have the same grub issues as I did last year and I did loose a few to forasium wilt...so I'd like to make sure I have back up. Also giving some as gifts to introduce new chiliheads. Can't give them all super hots so got some molds and hot as well. With some additions to my forever list some will go in my sisters yard in isolation. ( if the reaper grows true) and also the infamous MoA.

Time will tell what happens with all these plants. As a newbie I spent a good $200 on just buying established plants. Will also do my part to Do giveaways.

I'm hoping to have money shots as much as y'all did last year. Still learning so much as you can see some of you guys plants are surpassing mine. And I started in November.

As for time. It's my theraphy. Time I can have to myself and also at time with the kids. For some it's a task to harvest. But for me u would be greatful to have harvests like Greg. Or silver surfer. Here's to having an epic year!!

Great additions to an already epic grow! Wish you all the best!

Again humbled and honored to have an opportunity to grow them. When I started. It was my mission to find Jamaican scotch bonnets for myself and coworker. I bugged Jamison. Greg. Gary and anyone who had grown them. Last year I ended up growin Jamaican hot yellows. Thanks And I shall share the knowledge and peppers.

I already have a section for them at my sisters and have a bed for scotch bonnets in my yard.

Lol
That's my stunted reaper mother on the left. Flushed the roots. Hoping it will bounce back. Yes. Super excited. Y'all have a head start.

C'mon....mon. Was that a trick question, the container on the right says clone......hah

Denniz good luck on the Bonnets. The Jamaican woman you work with will be very happy this season !

Hi DeNNiZ
Looks like you're getting the cloning thing dialed in... good job man! Paul's getting some competition now... ;) Have you up-potted yet?

Wow that's a lot of plants in various stages of growth - this is like a continuous grow season that just keeps going. Love that you've got the little ones involved!
Plants are looking great Denniz!

Looks like it's bouncing back already man! New foliage is nice and green.

Yes. Finally new growth!! Roots are lush thick white and fuzzy.

C'mon....mon. Was that a trick question, the container on the right says clone......hah

Denniz good luck on the Bonnets. The Jamaican woman you work with will be very happy this season !

Greg. I'm a lil slow. Hahha. Didn't realize it was visible

But yes. Clone is on the right and will need to be up potted soon

When are you putting everything outside for good, Denniz? After tonight the 10-day forecast looks pretty good. Shouldn't be much longer.
they are out in the sun all day and at night I bring them in. No inground for me yet as I treated the ground with some grub killer

Looking nice man!!!!
Thanks for dropping. By. I have 5 hot paper lantern seedlings going

Hi DeNNiZ
Looks like you're getting the cloning thing dialed in... good job man! Paul's getting some competition now... ;) Have you up-potted yet?

No competition here. Aero cloning is 50/50. The Ez cloner setup 2/10. But all is well. I need to up lot the gochu. All three are in solo still one is about to pod up. One I gave to Korean buddy. Her mom says there's two kinds. One sweet and one spicy. Told them. Thy are not sweet. :)

Thanks again for sending some Biker Billy seeds! They germed great, and have found a new home :)
IMG_1447.JPG

Nice. I only one to survive. So. Glad to see yours are well

Wow that's a lot of plants in various stages of growth - this is like a continuous grow season that just keeps going. Love that you've got the little ones involved!
Plants are looking great Denniz!
I have not stopped sowing seeds since mARCH!! Of '12. :). I have them all growin at different stages. Even got flowers going. And veggies. Although half of my veggies died so. Will redo.

Also have fresh water fishes (fry) to care for along with my two girls. It has never stopped nor do I see my self stopping. I love getting them involved. Although seems like more for the little one. I am truly blessed. Love listening to your podcast !!

Andy

Back