• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

Looking good, buddy. How big is the artichoke plant? I've seen people fill half of their plot with then before. Cool looking plants, but so huge.

:shocked: I think that thing has more flowers podding up than leaves! Amazing how those are packed on there.

I said the same thing myself. Pods are even bigger than the leaves.

Looking good, buddy. How big is the artichoke plant? I've seen people fill half of their plot with then before. Cool looking plants, but so huge.

Well the one I have is on its third year. Takes 2 years and does take up space. Will snap a pic and post.

NIce recovery from the winds Denniz...they were brutal this time. Great pics and lots of them! Keep them coming bro!
. I was fortunate that none had snapped after falling. Need to reinforce the Ghouse and secure it some more. Will be doing some Ingrounds this. Week.

nice clean up job. those pics were disturbing. everything looks great. im digging your set up :dance:

I almost called in sick when I saw te backyard. I was holding the tarp for dear life while screaming for help. Btw. Had some of your sic-powder when i went to Costco. Made the pizza even better

[sup][sub]Very nice! Good luck with your 2013 season.[/sub][/sup]

Can't wait. :dancing:

Coming along nicely Denniz!

Not as good as yours. And I'm in Cali!! No luck
For me on the madballz. So when yours pod up if you can. Spare some
Seeds.

Impact also failed. But I found mine from when
Slater sent me some

Coming along nicely Denniz!

Not as good as yours. And I'm in Cali!! No luck
For me on the madballz. So when yours pod up if you can. Spare some
Seeds.

Impact also failed. But I found mine from when
Slater sent me some

Looking good brother! I tried to go from start to finish in one sitting but brain started melting at page 10.

I got so frustrated with pest problems and low / no pod production last year I decided to just try to grow my couple of overwinters in the ground. A couple didn't make it and now I'm pissed at myself for only starting a handful of 7 pots. Think you could spare a start or 3?

Looking good brother! I tried to go from start to finish in one sitting but brain started melting at page 10.

I got so frustrated with pest problems and low / no pod production last year I decided to just try to grow my couple of overwinters in the ground. A couple didn't make it and now I'm pissed at myself for only starting a handful of 7 pots. Think you could spare a start or 3?
. C'mon over. Just be aware I do have some aphids. Let me know.

I feel ya. Grubs were my nemesis. Killed so many plants.

Dude, that greenhouse shot broke my heart, man! Glad you were able to piece it back together and that there was minimal damage. All of your peppers and nons look fantastic. Just got a ripe Gochu this morning (Andy F1). I'm going to sample it later today.

That Chocolate Scorp looks great! So glad I decided to grow that one, as well. Seeds were from a pod you sent me. :)

Dude, that greenhouse shot broke my heart, man! Glad you were able to piece it back together and that there was minimal damage. All of your peppers and nons look fantastic. Just got a ripe Gochu this morning (Andy F1). I'm going to sample it later today.

That Chocolate Scorp looks great! So glad I decided to grow that one, as well. Seeds were from a pod you sent me. :)

Well it's scary since its windy again. Trying to reinforce it some more so it doesn't fly again. I was out today and planted my OW in the pepper bed.
As for the chocolate scorp. The ones I sent you are from Melissa. She says hers eventually turned red. The one u saw in the shot are seeds from silver surfer pods. I'll send you some fresh pods when i get them they are flowering and hand pollinated myself. One I pollinate with a manzano. Hahaha.

Very nice work Denniz! You are light years ahead of your last season....

What are you growing from Spice? Bonda x Yellow 7?

Fatalii x chocolate bhut. ... And a couple others

cant imagine how much bigger if i gave it space to grow

decided to do trial by error.. planted some of my overwintered... and some new ones

ya.. dont worry about spacing.. i planted this close last time and had no issues except the grubs...

and just for fun.. bought some angelfish and added it to my aggressive tank (cichlids.. oscars... pacus...).. they all living in harmony

Patricks SBJ7.... yes.. this plant will be EXPLOSIVE!!!

Your babies look great DeNNiZ... you're having your challenges, but dealing with them handily!

had more challenges today and was tempted to take down again the tarp... damn mother nature BLOWS....literally... @25mph!!

Sister had to come over a f take off the Ghouse cover again. Next time in getting a Ghouse like Brents. So no more dealing with the winds

Made another mistake yesterday by watering the plants with some slightly funky smelling compost tea that had no fish emulsion. Some plants leaves are completely wilted. When I get home need to seperate and keep them out of the sun til they bounce back. And to think. I watered them all!!'

King, I've been thinking about your grub issue. So you also had grubs affecting your in-grounds?

For the potted plants that got infested, the pics you showed previously all the grubs were at the bottom of the pot. How are the pots getting infested? Is it from eggs laid at the top of the soil line or are they getting in through the drainage holes? If it is the latter, perhaps root pouches (or Wally bags) might work for you. No drainage holes, but porous enough to drain. Just a thought. Regardless, good luck with the battle!

King, I've been thinking about your grub issue. So you also had grubs affecting your in-grounds?

For the potted plants that got infested, the pics you showed previously all the grubs were at the bottom of the pot. How are the pots getting infested? Is it from eggs laid at the top of the soil line or are they getting in through the drainage holes? If it is the latter, perhaps root pouches (or Wally bags) might work for you. No drainage holes, but porous enough to drain. Just a thought. Regardless, good luck with the battle!

my initial infestation 2 year ago was in ground.. so i had half of mine in POTS... .. as for port of entry.. it was the top...and they work their way to below top level...

jays' peach has not recovered.. even after putting it in fresh soil

Peach Trinidad Scorpion starting to pod

brain strain

Chocolate scorp

gochu in ground

fatalii.. or FDA bonnet

Chocolate bhut

bubblegum 7 pot in 10gallon

Red Brain Strain

Fatalii ( one of my faves)

Back