• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

Looking great Denniz...too early to tell on that Rennie, that's the first pod and they're always a little wonky. I'll bet she grows true. Keep 'em green bruddah!

This is labeled "chocolate scotch bonnet" OP from a plant i got from Melissa. She planted it next to a yellow scorp. Plant is definitely taking shape of scorp. Will wonder what the taste and and color will turn out to be
null_zpsb9db9057.jpg

First chocolate bhut. Seeds from SS. Plant via Melissa
null_zps5c60c3f3.jpg

Cut open and tossed the NOT brown rocoto I had in some MG soil put it under my aerogarden t5
null_zps5c8a289f.jpg
. Took but 10 days to look like this

Blue pot is bubblegum. The one on the right is what I thought was BG may not be Leave colors look different
null_zpsafa3eb44.jpg

Pod shapes look more goronong
null_zps7a017982.jpg

Something's eating my buds.
null_zpsc35be492.jpg

12" brain but its soooo bushed out. Looks like I WILL have a problem with spacing
null_zpsb66ce1c5.jpg

I love air layering. Roots the mater and grows at the same time
null_zps92e70453.jpg

Spring may finally be here in SoCal
null_zpsfdb3a169.png

Awesome update brother.  That is super cool about the mystery pod.  It definitely has that TS look to them, should be interesting!

Looking great, King.  I agree, that one from Melissa looks very scorp-ish.  The Brain bush looks good, too!  It seems when they bush out they get really productive.  Let's hope!  Love the Goronong.  The pods are OK, but I love the plant and the growth habitus.  Very funky plant and pod shape.  Goes along with it's funky name.  ;)

I just took a second look at the mystery maybe not choc scotch. Awesome scorp shapes there! Looking foward to seeing what color those ripen to.

stc3248 said:
Looking great Denniz...too early to tell on that Rennie, that's the first pod and they're always a little wonky. I'll bet she grows true. Keep 'em green bruddah!
 sounds good... hoping mine start to pod up.. which liquid nute from MG do yo use?

MGOLD86 said:
Awesome update brother.  That is super cool about the mystery pod.  It definitely has that TS look to them, should be interesting!
 once they pod you will be one to try.. will hope i can get you some MoA pods as well..

DocNrock said:
Looking great, King.  I agree, that one from Melissa looks very scorp-ish.  The Brain bush looks good, too!  It seems when they bush out they get really productive.  Let's hope!  Love the Goronong.  The pods are OK, but I love the plant and the growth habitus.  Very funky plant and pod shape.  Goes along with it's funky name.  ;)
cant wait for the pods to mature so i can see what some of my mysteries are

GA Growhead said:
I just took a second look at the mystery maybe not choc scotch. Awesome scorp shapes there! Looking foward to seeing what color those ripen to.
also have a couple NOTs... the one im curious for is my NOT orange habs i got from Kmart... 3 plants all 3 different pod shapes.. one even was chocolate =D

anyways heres a few more pics.. was bored today and had 3 hrs to myself with no one home to repot some plants
3 in the front are RENNIE's including the one in the back middle

purple jalapenos and Orange habs needing to be re potted to bigger containers

some SG crosses... cant wait.. tomorrow they will be re potted

"treasures from Ghana" lost the list and so i dont know which is which.. so i will have to grow out all 12 of them

slowly but surely getting true leaves on the JS peppers..

Yellow morouga.. KMart Not O-Habs... Butch-T from the nursery

BrainStrain compliments of Shane

slowly but surely.. bulgarian carrot and my Gochupeno...

my first Red Brain

Pepper People Rock.. went to visit melissa and had a couple XX and tasted a 7 white with her and her brother

pods consist of NOT brown rocottos ... fatalii.. carolina reaper.. primo... mustard hab .. purple but (now red)and a few other ones...

Great update of Mel's plants and nice little harvest you have there.  I couldnt hear about the taste of the white bhut.  How was the flavor?

Sanarda said:
Great update of Mel's plants and nice little harvest you have there.  I couldnt hear about the taste of the white bhut.  How was the flavor?
your typical super hot chinense.... at first i tolerated.. because i didnt eat much of the placenta... but when i did eat some with placenta.. that issh. got my throat for 5 mins!!

StupidJerk said:
Looking great, KD. You have so much variety! How many total plants do you have now?
i counted IN GROUND at 48 plants...in containers (#5..5gal 10gal and 1gal growbags and containers.. 174!!! so total.. i am a little less than 225 plants... dont forget they are in different stages.... not counting the aero garden and the ones i just sowed .. hahahaha

so more updates as i did more work today.. total past two days ive had a good 6 hrs of just ME and PLANTs time...

Cristina White Hab (Lando)

JT Delaney sent some seeds ... "treasures from ghana" cant find my list of what they are.. so now i am growing all 12 as i dont know which is which

RENNIE "wild picked" (armac via TEX16)

Antilles Fire...Purple Bhut...(Melissa77754) Bulgarian Carrot..and a couple other ones...in their new homes

going to a good home.. i hope

the real GOCHU (Stickman)

went to my local nursery to pick up some soil and ran across this.. OSU or INDIGO maters... the ones i am growing from seeds now
are confirmed fakes as mine dont look anything like this

ive seen twin peppers.. fist to have twin maters

look what i found growing on one of the tags

slowly but surely the MoA is growing.. cant wait to see how it pods up.. im sure melissa will get hers to pod well before mine

a couple more shots..... just need a bump in the AM

You really got it kickin' brother! Everything is lookin' most excellent. Glad to see you're getting ripe pods on the Gochu... it looks like one of the "Andy" variety which I remember as being a bit on the mild side, but very aromatic and it makes a great powder base. Cheers!

Looking great Denniz.  Cool find on the maters, they look pretty interesting.  The MoA is coming along and the Gochus make one hell of a powder..... :lol:

Awesome man!  Over 200 plants?!?!  You're a mad-man, hahaha!  Love it.  Everything you posted looks great.  Love the rootball on the Cristina White Hab. 

Speaking of white, that White 7 looked a bit green.  Is that as white as they get?  I ask because that is how mine look, and they have been on the plant for quite some time.  I couldn't really gather from the video:  How was the taste and heat?

Praying that this will grow true as a bubblegum.. seems to have the right phenotype "large calyx"

i had one that was podding which turned out to be goronong.. but when i looked at my bed of peppers.. i found the other one labeled as a fatalii =D

Xtreme Tea was fed to my plants today.. this is a day old photo

hate these fawkers

flowering..artichoke... i like letting it flower

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
slowly but surely the MoA is growing.. cant wait to see how it pods up.. im sure melissa will get hers to pod well before mine

a couple more shots..... just need a bump in the AM
that's looking beautiful! Nice big green leaves on that there - well done! You certainly have a lot going on!

Dang...I have a busy week and come back here to WOW! Hahaha...looking real good Denniz! Leaps ahead of last year's fiascoes. I just use the blue water soluble plant food...works great! 

Back