• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

Warning. Not for the faint of heart. I gave my buddy a couple plants. A ghost and a reaper. E texted me this

Dog ate my homework
null_zps08be8bb5.jpg

If anyone lives in Hesperia area ad can spare a plant or two. :)

Nice looking plants and a very cute daughter you have there!

Dogs, I  one (33 years ago) that just loved to tear stuff up, kept eating the roses. Even after I fenced them off...a little electrical tape and part of a rose bush in his mouth for a few hours....after that he respected roses :D

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Warning. Not for the faint of heart. I gave my buddy a couple plants. A ghost and a reaper. E texted me this

Dog ate my homework
null_zps08be8bb5.jpg

If he ever comes over to lancaster, in the next week or so, I am sure I could spare a couple plants, but they would be small, desert blasted wind warriors....lol

KiNGDeNNiZ said:

Dog ate my homework
null_zps08be8bb5.jpg

I can give not 2, but more. I have lots of small plants and my mistake was that I didn't get my timing right... so if there's a way I can give him like 15-20 just to get a brick off my back I like to share so like I said if there's a way he can come or something, I mean a lot of people come to Vegas so maybe we can do something.

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
I can give not 2, but more. I have lots of small plants and my mistake was that I didn't get my timing right... so if there's a way I can give him like 15-20 just to get a brick off my back I like to share so like I said if there's a way he can come or something, I mean a lot of people come to Vegas so maybe we can do something.

, Walter
Just have to be careful at the checkpoint when you enter California again, although I haven't seen it manned the last few times I made the trip.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:

Dog ate my homework
null_zps08be8bb5.jpg

Like Shane said, thay will bounce back...

Manzano (red) coloring up and the plant is setting pods galore

unknown

Billy Boy Douglah (yellow or Red)

Trinidad Seasoning

another unknown.. pods look bumpy and a few pods are bonnet shaped.. what it is will remain a mystery

Pollinator at work

Red Brain Strain

unknown

mustard Habanero

Gnarly Fatalii pod

need a bump

thanks ARMAC

Not Chocolate Not Bonnet (so far showing scorpion shape and turning yellow)

7 pot SR??

my NOT FDA -- can it be Harold St Barts or Mustard Hab??

TFM bonnet..will this turn red.. or is this the final color

unknown pod in a 1 gal container

Houston we have RENNIEs .. this is from TEX's 2012 grow .. so it should similar to Shane's

Carolina Reaper in ground i pulled possibly due to root rot.. roots didnt look to happy.. i trimmed it even more after this shot

possibly my JA HABs (walkgood)---PULLED this as well. and is doing well in a container

the last of his obligations.PRIMOS from BP

seeds will be part of a giveaway.. and ill make into a sauce and attempt as well to do a giveaway
couple more shots

Suhweet!!! Save me a couple of dem seeds brotha! Haha...lot of unkowns over there! What happened??? I have only one mystery this year...one seed decided to pop after I had already tossed the peat pellets on the compost heap. Went to add come coffee grounds and there was a seedling poking out of the side of a pellet??? We'll do what we can to help you figure them out buddy! Looking great! Some nice recovery stories also! Keep it up brudda!

thanks ANN.. aka SALSALADY got my swagg..

my money shot.. cili goronong.. bulgarian carrot.. Gochu peppers.. frenso.. tiny bell pepper and a couple currants (red and yellow)

thanks shane.. always can count on you to drop by with a bump
stc3248 said:
Suhweet!!! Save me a couple of dem seeds brotha! Haha...lot of unkowns over there! What happened??? I have only one mystery this year...one seed decided to pop after I had already tossed the peat pellets on the compost heap. Went to add come coffee grounds and there was a seedling poking out of the side of a pellet??? We'll do what we can to help you figure them out buddy! Looking great! Some nice recovery stories also! Keep it up brudda!
 you want some Reaper seeds?? ya got it.. umm as for my unknowns.. sharpie rubbed off on the spoons... and also had a few seeds the popped unknowningly.. so we'll see

romy6 said:
Man did my dog get in his backyard  :rofl: I know not funny but I feel his pain  :rolleyes:
 exactly why my dogs are at the side of the house now... i let them out when we are out back otherwise.. it would be dog shishkabob

StupidJerk said:
Just have to be careful at the checkpoint when you enter California again, although I haven't seen it manned the last few times I made the trip.
 dont plant on smuggling anything from vegas hahaha..

Vegas_Chili said:

, Walter
 no need... ill just make him come back here and get some mature plants ready for podding thanks though.. as we have no plans of vegas trip soon

DesertChris said:

If he ever comes over to lancaster, in the next week or so, I am sure I could spare a couple plants, but they would be small, desert blasted wind warriors....lol
 ill let him know.. hows them manzanos??

Devv said:
Nice looking plants and a very cute daughter you have there!

Dogs, I  one (33 years ago) that just loved to tear stuff up, kept eating the roses. Even after I fenced them off...a little electrical tape and part of a rose bush in his mouth for a few hours....after that he respected roses :D
 sad you have to fence them up. but they are just tearing things up and putting 5 gallon deep holes everywhere

stickman said:
Boy DeNNiZ... lots to look at from your casa! It's obvious you have an inquiring mind. Stay green buddy!
youre gochus are the winning pepper.. always get a pod or two to harvest

Sanarda said:
GYEAAAAHHHHH....

Hey KiNGDeNNiZ. I've been following your progress for the last two years now. Your grow list is fantastic this year. Good to see another urban grower who, like me, attempts to squeeze in as many plants as possible!! I'm growing in Ireland, so climate is a little more challenging than where you are. Gale force winds and Night temperatures of 5-6 degrees celsius at the moment. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, and best of luck for the rest of the season!

Went to SD region and passed by Shane's local nursery. Outstanding at the selections of peppers they had. Some will require extra TLC but will survive. Also got some cukes to replace the mite infested ones

Jays ghost peach on the right (2) and a red on the left

King naga. --hey Shane. What's the hype about this pepper.
null_zpseec32334.jpg

White bhut
null_zps91c73ee4.jpg

Mustard scorpion
null_zps2c9e1cf9.jpg

Yellow 7 pot
null_zpsd59d0610.jpg

Yellow bhut jolokia
null_zps9496d09d.jpg

RIP Shawn aka Pepperproblem.
Just so happens I was in Solana beach today
null_zps4fa2c489.jpg