• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Kingsford charcoal on sale

While rotating some tires, I noticed some Kingsford on sale at Costco. They have a two 23 lb. (each)bags for $16.68 That's 46 lb. of charcoal, so I bought 4 bags. I don't smoke with it, but I do use it for grilling. That should last me through Labor Day. It's all good my friend.

Cool! I wonder if Kingsford will do the $6 off coupon again. That was the bomb. Lowe's does BOGO free sometimes too.

home depot has 2 -23 lb bags for around 10 bucks, i think there 23 lbs each this im not sure about

they just lowered there price and it flying out the door

i work in the garden dept of the south Allentown store on night stock so i know about it, i would say that's a good deal also and because most home depot store stock the same items and run the same sales you can take advantage of it anywhere there is a store

im not promoting home depot but i saw this thread and just wanted to put my 2 cents in

hope this helps

thanks your friend ajijoe

home depot has 2 -23 lb bags for around 10 bucks, i think there 23 lbs each this im not sure about

they just lowered there price and it flying out the door

i work in the garden dept of the south Allentown store on night stock so i know about it, i would say that's a good deal also and because most home depot store stock the same items and run the same sales you can take advantage of it anywhere there is a store

im not promoting home depot but i saw this thread and just wanted to put my 2 cents in

hope this helps

thanks your friend ajijoe

I'll have to check it out, thanks!!

Has anyone seen the oversized charcoal that Wal-Mart puts out?

I think it's 18 pounds for under 6 bucks...and it'll stay hot twice as long.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sam-s-Choice-Charcoal-18-lbs/16486713

Good stuff!!

I was at my HD this weekend and yesterday picking up supplies for my home made earth boxes and didn't see any ads while passing the BBQ section. They usually have those bags for $14.00 each!

Has anyone seen the oversized charcoal that Wal-Mart puts out?

I think it's 18 pounds for under 6 bucks...and it'll stay hot twice as long.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sam-s-Choice-Charcoal-18-lbs/16486713

Good stuff!!

Hey Paul,

Have you tried this stuff? Is it as good (or better) than K?

The longer burn might come in handy when I do an indirect roast.

Hey Paul,

I'm wondering if the charcoal briquettes are oversized, does that mean you'll have more ash to deal with? A frequent problem is with ash buildup, it can starve off oxygen that is needed for a consistent burn. I would like to read a comparison review. Who know at this point. maybe it's the new way to go when using charcoal. It's all good my friend.

Hey Paul,

I really like it. In fact, it's all I'll buy anymore.

I'm wondering if the charcoal briquettes are oversized, does that mean you'll have more ash to deal with? A frequent problem is with ash buildup, it can starve off oxygen that is needed for a consistent burn. I would like to read a comparison review. Who know at this point. maybe it's the new way to go when using charcoal. It's all good my friend.

I don't think I've ever noted the heat fluctuations due to ash buildup.....but then again, I'm a bit of a dullard! :rofl:
I know it'll cook whole chickens w/o dying off.....if that helps any.

I really like it. In fact, it's all I'll buy anymore.

I don't think I've ever noted the heat fluctuations due to ash buildup.....but then again, I'm a bit of a dullard! :rofl:
I know it'll cook whole chickens w/o dying off.....if that helps any.
You're good to go...

Back