• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kiwi Grow Off - Heaviest weight of pods off a single plant

Swampy_NZ said:
Jesus I haven't even put any seeds down yet.Been to0 bizzy with engines and making a observation bee hive.
This weekend Fo'sho

No hooks here either as yet. What engine you been working on? I like engines.. and have also been working on mine (a lot) recently!
Here's what iv been doing :D
image_zpszezg9yuh.jpg

image_zpswjntihv2.jpg

IMG_1643_zpsrt8z3x5g.jpg

Thats a mighty big Turbo lol
Mines just a dirty old SR20DE
Stripped,cleaned,new bearing,rings etc.Was bored so I went to the wreakers lol

Swampy_NZ said:
Thats a mighty big Turbo lol
Mines just a dirty old SR20DE
Stripped,cleaned,new bearing,rings etc.Was bored so I went to the wreakers lol
yep turbo is a big one haha, should go pretty well when im done :)
oh yup they are good engines. nothing like a nice freshened up engine. What you putting it in? Sylvia or a conversion of some sort?

Jeebus! thats a large turbo man.

This is the biggest one I've dealt with (LOL) - this was 2006 so no video, otherwise wouldve definitely had videos of us trying to start it. I know it came off a cummins 13L diesel or something, cant remmeber the actual model, but it was huuuuuuge.
IMG_0513.jpg

The turbo was half dead, seals gone - so made a great candidate for a turbojet project. Although that bike never ended up going, we couldnt get lpg to burn like it was meant to. 

Awesome. some car people, i've imported a jc cosmo last year to eventually power the kp61 ive had rusting away in the driveway for a wee bit. Money pit- but slowly ticking off the bucket list. Aiming to have 1hp per kg road legal drag car/sleeper. wee way off yet.

nzchili said:
yep turbo is a big one haha, should go pretty well when im done :)
oh yup they are good engines. nothing like a nice freshened up engine. What you putting it in? Sylvia or a conversion of some sort?
I was just going to dump it into my Rnessa but the Rnessa is a low port and the engine a high port.Slightly different plumbing and I want to keep the roller rocker thats in the Rnessa  so I am just going to sell it as a short block and head on Trademe   :P

SentencedToBurn said:
I remmeber I nearly bought a JC in about 2002 or 2003, a 13b one, not a 20b. still remember test driving it, that dash and the front of it loooks nuts
Yea this 13b rew one, 20b going for silly money, dash is funny aye looks like a spaceship from a b-rated movie. i will be using an altezza tach for this though.

I had no sprouts yesterday and am away for the weekend so hopefully I don't come back to any lanky ones from being in the dark too long . I hope I get some sprouts, it's still early but getting a little worried,I had such good success germinating last year that I skipped a few things id usually do...hopefully I didn't screw it up lol.

finally, my first hook!
image_zpsuhhciq1t.jpg

I think its been a bit cold in the hot water cupboard, i measured the soil temp @ 16deg C the other day. Its been a bit warmer today though and has been around 20 deg C.
I was just about to move the seeds out of the hot water cupboard and onto my heat mat in enclosed container when I saw this guy.  So Ill keep with what im doing for now and keep a close eye on the temps and move if they dont warm up a bit.

4 from 10 sprouted so far, seemed abit slow so checked heated propagator temp, turns out its buggered lol temp was same as ambient room temp. back to the old hot water cupboard technique then. Hows everyone coming along?

Mine sprouted well but have slowed to a crawl. Might have a go at the last 4 seeds and see if any has a bit more vigour. Might just need a bit more heat and consistency.

I have 12 out of 15 (i think) that came up. Planted out half last weekend, gonna plant out the rest of them tomorrow. Then will give them a couple of weeks to establish and then move DWC and aquaponic ones out where they will stay.

Back