• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Kneal before the almighty DUCT TAPE!

What's the best thing you have ever used the almight roll of Duct Tape for? I once used it to seal a hole in my break line back in CLeveland...it's still on the car 6 years later.

imaguitargod said:
What's the best thing you have ever used the almight roll of Duct Tape for? I once used it to seal a hole in my break line back in CLeveland...it's still on the car 6 years later.
LOL, I'm never riding in you car!

We used to call it "hundred mile an hour tape" because it would hold the car together till we hit 100mph

My best friend used it in the Air Force to temporarily patch tiny little stress-cracks(from over-g's) on the wings of F-16s until the plane could get scheduled into the phase dock for repairs. So as for the old nickname of 100MPH tape, we used to call it 1400MPH tape!

Sickmont said:
My best friend used it in the Air Force to temporarily patch tiny little stress-cracks(from over-g's) on the wings of F-16s until the plane could get scheduled into the phase dock for repairs. So as for the old nickname of 100MPH tape, we used to call it 1400MPH tape!

This was basically holding the whole car together at 100mph not just a patch, but 1400mph tape does sound better. The sun seems to be duct-tape's only real weekness.

POTAWIE said:
This was basically holding the whole car together at 100mph not just a patch, but 1400mph tape does sound better. The sun seems to be duct-tape's only real weekness.

They never left that stuff on for more than a day or so at the most. It was usually done just to be able to keep the hours up on the aircraft.

And that website you've got there....Brilliant!!! I love that suit.

Back