• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Korean seeds anyone?

Hi all,
I am desperately looking for some Korean seeds, and in particular one variety.
I believe it's called Gochu Tae-yeon (the one used in Kimchi).
I am happy to buy or trade :)
Refer to my profile for a list of what i have to trade.
I don't have a huge amount of seeds however, so 5 for 5 (or something along those lines) would be fantastic.
Thanks all :hell:

I have 2 korean plants that i picked up from the local plant store. They are still rather small, but i noticed one of them looks like its starting to flower.
As far as what type of Korean it is, i have no clue yet. The store just had them labeled as "Korean Chili".
If and when pods appear, ill put up a pic and if its "the one" then ill get some seeds to you.

also a quick pepper forum search of kimchi might bring back a few hits for you. i did a quick chiliman search to compare the gochu with kung pao, it appears gochu ripens in 65 days compared to the 85 of kung pao - looks like a nice plant.

good luck.

May be sorted!
If anyone else is interested... all things going well, I should have some tae-yang seed up for trade in a few months! Hit me up via PM.
Thanks all.

I have some Korean "TWISTED" pepper seeds. This the what a local Korean grocer calls them. Couldn't find them with a search, so I don't know their real name.

Back