• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Koskorgul -2014 Grow List

So this is my first year growing hot peppers, sure I had grown some Jalapeno (2) and Cayanne (1) last year but this year is diff. I had bought those plants at the store when they were buy 1 get 2 free deal. They were already about 2 ft tall and were producing peppers. The only knowledge I needed was how to put them in the car, take them out, dig a hole, put the plant in and then put some dirt around it. Whew hard work, but those plants got me started with peppers. From there I met JAG and he gave me a bunch of super hots, Scorpion, Fatalii, Ghost, Douglah and many more.
I got the seeds from them pods and saved them for this year with the thinking I am going to grow my own plants.
Which brings me to my first grow log.
I had started some seeds in a planter back around Thanksgiving but they all grew to about 2 inches tall, never got bigger, never produced leaves and eventually died. So I started some more and started asking questions about what I can do/try etc. needless to say the info has been invaluable.
These first pics show what i started with early this week
IMG_20130305_001329.jpg

IMG_20130305_001340.jpg

this next pic is what I had a day after the above pics and after potting up some seeds I had germinating in a wet paper towel
IMG_20130305_234733.jpg

So here it is a day or 2 after the above pics and I had decided that a trip to walmart was instore. Came home with some new lights for my little guys. Got home from Walmart and started right in with getting them set up. As you can see from the pics below it is looking nice compared to what I had just 3 days earlier. Hoping all of the plants take off and I get a large harvest. Going to post a grow list in the next post

IMG_20130307_213147.jpg

IMG_20130307_213201.jpg

IMG_20130307_213217.jpg

IMG_20130307_213228.jpg

grow list for this year
Black thai - 2
Fatalii - 4
Brain Strain - 2
Thai Fire - 4
Douglah - 2
Ghost - 4
Yellow 7-pot - 3
Scorpion - 14
Scorpion Cardi - 2
Red Habs - 8
Yellow Bhut Jolokia - 2
Naga Jolokia - 2

Congrats on first glog, this years my first glog as well :cheers: although I have grown peppers & other stuff for years.
thanks, looking foward to doing this, not only for you all to see whats going on but so that I can go back and see just how much my plants change. Also, to see how my setup changed over the course of the year and years to come.

Awesome start! Good luck on your first year. Always fun! If you need help with anything just let me know!

Thanks will do.
I do have one plant in the above pics that has some very bad curl to the cotyledon. Thinking I over watered them since it happened right after i watered. The tray that I had them in was bowed in the center so all of the water ran there. Moved the plants out and soaked up moset of the water but I think that one got most of it as it was right in the center of the pool. Have him directly under a light, hoping that it dries it out a bit.

Looking good. If those hab seeds came from me they are Caribbean Red Habs not plain Red Habs. Big flavor difference.

Nice start. Enjoy the addiction

Looking good. If those hab seeds came from me they are Caribbean Red Habs not plain Red Habs. Big flavor difference.

Nice start. Enjoy the addiction

Yes they are the ones you gave me. Didnt realize the diff in flavor as I have only had the Caribbean Red Habs. Thanks and thank you for the seeds. Not sure where they are all gunna get planted at but I will make it work LOL

I should have about 10 open spots this year if you have extras needing a home, or better yet get someone else addicted. :clap:

Might have to hit you up on the spots. Depends right now on if my landlord will allow me to convert part of the back yard into a raised garden.
One of the managers I work with just bought a house that isnt to far from me and he likes hotsauce and peppers. HMMMMMMM he did say that his yard is pretty big. LOL

Set the seedlings outside for a few hrs today and will do a few hrs tomrrow also. Supposed to me close to 60. Had a few that I had planted and covered with seran wrap that sprouted. All in all I have 53 plants at the moment ( if they all sprout) but no room for all of them. Might be getting some plants there JAG lol will keep you ppoasted LOL.

Can say that I am in impatient person though. I check on the seedlings 2-3 times a day and hope to see another growing or leaves starting to come in. Wish I could snap my fingers and I would have full grown plants producing pods

Sweet! They'll like that sunshine :)
I check my seedlings and germ trays waaaaaay to often...lol

Too many plants is a good thing!!! Far better than too few plants ;)

Thanks DC, I put them back out for a few hrs again on sunday and had one of the Yellow Bhuts start to sprout. Gave them a little water before taking them back inside for the night. Man they soaked t up. They are looking strong.
Also went down to the river last night and got some buckets of dirt that i am going to do an experiement in. Going to have a few tht had sediment from the river bank in them and a few that have regular dirt, want to see if the river sediment grows them any better than regular soil

Got the seedlings outinto the sun a bit over the weekend. They had about 4 hrs on Sat and another 5 or so on Sunday.
IMG_20130309_122247.jpg

IMG_20130309_122222.jpg

On the white tray everything is sprouted, on the black tray about 2 or 3 are coming up. I did have one of my Yellow Bhut Jolokia's pop through yesterday

Nice work K.

Glad to see the upgrade on the light, I was cringing when I saw the one you had hanging, it was like they were under interrogation...

Looks like things are going well now, good luck with your first grow.

thanks 3/5 yeah what I had was a shoestring and a prayer with the original setup.
They seem to really like the lights I have now, just hoping that I got the right lights to help them grow.

Wow, a big turnaround. Looking good K, I noticed you potted up some. You forgot to bury the stem, I mean it was/is a recommendation. If you pot up again I recommend you bury most of the stem up to the cotyledons. When you have em indoors do you put a fan on them?

If not try this. Get a used/new 80mm CPU fan and take a cell phone charger and wire it to the fan. That's what I use for both my CPU fans. I have one to cool my LEDs and one to blow on the plants under my T5's.
Don't worry man we'll help you get those pods :D. Just keep it up everything is coming along nicely.

,Vegas

Thanks Vegas. I burried them as deep as I could. When I potted em I took about 1/2 of the puck off of the bottom and crumbled it up into the bottom of the pot, put the rest of the puck and seedling in and covered with soil as much as I could. Dont have a fan on them 100% of the time. I have them in the basement and have a heat vent that blows on em.

I was looking at them last night and noticed quite a few have started to get true leaves on them now. WOOT WOOT

I also wrapped what you see in the setup with the lights in aluminum foil to keep more heat on em since they are in the basement. Also had 2 Thai fires, a yellow bhut, and thai varigated pop through the surface..

Have a guy coming today to drop off a load of mulch that I got for $20. Gunna use it to keep the weeks down once I put them in the ground. Then this weekend it looks like I will be heading up to Pexpeppers to pick up some bamboo

Back