• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

pics Kudos for an Online Peach Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe

Chileheads,

This year our peaches ripened around the same time as our habaneros, so I set some of each aside to make a Peach Habanero hot sauce recipe I found online.  I was so happy with the result that I wanted to give the recipe a plug.   If you can get your hands on the ingredients, I HIGHLY recommend it.   It's pretty kickass with a great sweet/heat balance.   We used a blend of both Red and Orange habaneros.

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/peach-habanero-hot-sauce/

PH_Sauce1.jpg

PH_Sauce2.jpg

PH_Sauce_Peppers.jpg

Tybo said:
Thanks for the link.  I saved it for future use.  I have found and tried several good recipes from the web.  (And some not so good  :rolleyes: )

Wanted to let you know that I made this sauce today.  I started out with peaches from the grocery store but had to toss them.  They had absolutely no flavor.  Wrong time of year for peaches!  I also had to buy some grocery store habaneros.  I didnt have any this year and all of the peppers i grew this year are fermenting or dried.
Anyway, I had everything in the pot ready to go when I found out that the peaches weren't gonna work so I ran back to the store and bought some canned peaches.  That worked out pretty good.
The sauce ended up tasting pretty good.  Just wish I had fresh orange habs to use!  The heat level is kinda low too, again store bought produce.  I even used 6 habs instead of the 5 that the recipe called for.  
I'll save the recipe though and give it another try when I have some fresh pods!
Thanks again.

Tybo said:

Wanted to let you know that I made this sauce today.  The sauce ended up tasting pretty good.  Just wish I had fresh orange habs to use!  The heat level is kinda low too, again store bought produce.  I even used 6 habs instead of the 5 that the recipe called for.  
I'll save the recipe though and give it another try when I have some fresh pods!
Thanks again.

That's awesome to hear.    Frozen peaches would probably have worked just as well, too.   I believe I ended up putting 9 habaneros in mine.   They were large forms, too:  Roger's Giant Red Habanero and Roger's Giant Orange Habanero.   I highly recommend both as a default habanero in your garden.  Beautiful, huge, delicious, and very prolific.    I believe I got my seeds from www.whitehotpeppers.com.

Cheers,

Making a batch of this right now with sugar rush peach. This is the first time I grew SRP's and they seem kinda mild. I might add a reaper or bhut to kick it up.

I'm about to try a similar recipe of my own, but with ghost peppers. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
I made a very similar sauce (used my own peach jam for the flavor and sweetness though) a month or two ago using g my orange ghosts. Was really good, and nice heat.

I gave this sauce a try also but because peaches are out of season right now I used mangos instead, and replaced the habs with scotch bonnets (I used 5 HSH scotch bonnets). I didn't have a clue how much mango I needed for this sauce so I started with 2. Preparation of sauce went well, sauce has a nice consistency. But it tasted too salty to me, so I added another mango. Taste is better now although salty is still dominant. Heat is ok to me but my wife and daughter both find it too hot. Of course that is when tasted pure.

IMG-20221002-WA0000.jpeg

It's a good looking sauce Marc and I like your substitutions, but I agree - two teaspoons of salt sounds like a lot.

Makes me wonder, since no one else has a comment on the saltyness, is this kind of sauce supposed to be salty or is that just me?

I remember many years ago when I first started making sauce, I was making a habanero peach sauce that I put too many peppers in. I put a pound of habs in and was boiling then simmering. Stuck my big ole forehead right over that pot and kept it there for a min and burned the bejesus out of my forehead with crazy hab steam.

Never again. Some mistakes you make only once. Like not gloving up when seeding superhots.

I gave this sauce a try also but because peaches are out of season right now I used mangos instead, and replaced the habs with scotch bonnets (I used 5 HSH scotch bonnets). I didn't have a clue how much mango I needed for this sauce so I started with 2. Preparation of sauce went well, sauce has a nice consistency. But it tasted too salty to me, so I added another mango. Taste is better now although salty is still dominant. Heat is ok to me but my wife and daughter both find it too hot. Of course that is when tasted pure.
Add some pure lime juice. It should help balance it out and lime is a natural complement to salt so it should help even it out by taste (not amount). Like a trick to the tastebuds.

Back