artwork label / logo feedback

Little plain, but looking for feedback on logo / front of hot sauce label

and the rest

Capture2.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 157
I hope you don't mind harsh feedback, but it looks like you searched google images for "chili pepper" and slapped it on a label.

Also "Premium" hot sauce, what is that? Like "Fancy" ketchup? I would ditch that word. It's corporate mumbo jumbo.

Honestly, it looks like you need to hire someone. Unless this is for X-mas gifts, than I would say, it is fine!

The Little Bohemian's

vs.

The Little Bohemians'

vs.

The Little Bohemians

vs.

The Little Bohemian

I was wondering which of these is the intent. Is it a group of bohemians and this is their sauce? It is one person nicknamed The Little Bohemian's sauce?

I sent him a link to fiverr which is a website of cheap designers. Starting price is $30 for design. Nothing to do with printing. 

Interesting...

What is the intention for the label? If it is eventually for a legal sauce, at the first glance, it looks like all the information is there.

Nothing really stands out about the label. Its kinda plain. If it is for gifts, Id loose the NIP, add a romance panel (back story, sauce description, etc...)

Im also interested in what the bohemian(s) is. I also agree with THP to eliminate "premium". I used to make premium salsa. To me its like "gourmet". Overused, underperformed...

Keep us informed!

:welcome: to THP and Have Fun!
Salsalady

Salsa Lady's suggestions seem spot on to me.

Also, why not use a graphic that creates a Bohemian theme? Something evocative of Romani, Beats, natural living, starving artists, body odor :lol:

It would also potentially be nicer if you used an illustration instead of clip art, and put some more thought into the fonts. Again, you may choose a font that goes along with a Bohemian theme.

Definitely get a professional to help you if you don't have the time or patience to work on it yourself. I do my own labels because I enjoy the process and it's not a commercial thing, just for fun. Once it's commercial, there are many more considerations like the legal use of pictures, fonts etc and also how attractive it looks on the shelf. 

Bohemian.png

It should have some kind of sauce description. Is the name The Little Bohemian's Hot Sauce or is the name The Little Bohemians and the product is hot sauce?

Thinking for down the road, set yourself up for options. If the name is...TLB Hot Sauce, what happens if you want you make chutney or pickles or salad dressing? Hot Sauce is in the name and logo. Kinda sounds funny if it is TLB Hot Sauce Salad Dressing.

If the name and logo is TLB, then you can make...
Chipotle Hot Sauce
Stawberry-habanero hot sauce
Serrano Cilantro hot sauce
Tahini salad dressing
Scorpion pickles

All under your TLB name.

You get the idea. ;)

SL

Back