food Lamb smoked for gyros

grantmichaels said:
If I can manage to brew a batch today, and get enough work knocked out that I can weave it into tomorrow ... then =)
Nice!! Speaking of brew. I'm looking to do a pork butt marinated in a coffee porter. I've done root beer before with great results. But I make a killer espresso BBQ sauce that's outrageous on pork. Thought the porter would be a great trick. Get the same flavor profile as my sauce right out of the smoker. What do you Think? Any suggestions on the best beer for this?

oldsalty said:
Nice!! Speaking of brew. I'm looking to do a pork butt marinated in a coffee porter. I've done root beer before with great results. But I make a killer espresso BBQ sauce that's outrageous on pork. Thought the porter would be a great trick. Get the same flavor profile as my sauce right out of the smoker. What do you Think? Any suggestions on the best beer for this?

Founders Smoked Porter if available ... that's what I've been using to good effect.

Founders Breakfast would work, as would Two Brothers Red-Eye Coffee Porter ...

In a pinch, using grocery aisle items ... Maybe a Murphy's Stout in the can and a fresh brewed cuppa, or in the worst case, I've done a pretty fair amount of slow-cooker food using Folgers Instant Crystals as a rub, LOL ...

grantmichaels said:
Founders Smoked Porter if available ... that's what I've been using to good effect.

Founders Breakfast would work, as would Two Brothers Red-Eye Coffee Porter ...

In a pinch, using grocery aisle items ... Maybe a Murphy's Stout in the can and a fresh brewed cuppa, or in the worst case, I've done a pretty fair amount of slow-cooker food using Folgers Instant Crystals as a rub, LOL ...
Awesome we have a great homebrew store here that also sell hundreds of specialty brews I'm sure he'd be able to find anything I want!! Buy my fermenting supplies from them and the owner loves my hot sauces so no worries!!

Hahaha Hahaha to funny my Dad's 78 and drinks nothing but Folgers bought him a nice coffee maker and found Folgers for brewing machines hahaha love my pops!! But he's the poster child for "can't teach an old dog new tricks" lol
But that's a great idea in a pinch.
SmokenFire said:
tzatziki is truly one of my favorite things ever, as are gyros.
I'm with you all the way brother!! When I first moved to this area not one good Greek restaurant in the surrounding area. :( So had to come up with my own. Have had people suggest I open a little food stand. Hahaha not gonna happen. But just recently a fantastic Mediterranean Grill has opened and the food is insane!!!
His tzatziki is so good I'd bath in it!!! Much to good to use for anal packing!! Hahaha

We take our lamb seriously in Australia.....
......and we're attempting to take it to the next level!  :D

Qantas-AirNZmerger.jpg

Back