• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Last year's Yellow Moruga seeds

Hi guys

I was 100% sure these seeds came out of a yellow moruga I grew last year, once I started seeing the shape and then the colour of these pods I started having my doubts. One of the green pods looks very brain-strainish. By the way - last year's moruga wasn't isolated and lived outside so Im thinking perhaps it was a cross of some sort, unless I did indeed mix up the seeds.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I haven't actually tasted them yet - will be doing so this upcoming weekend.

2015_02_16_08_31_32.jpg

2015_02_16_08_31_50.jpg

2015_02_16_08_32_05.jpg

Just had it with my tea - man the amount of oil on the inside of this thing was very impressive. And the smell was very strong, no bitterness, slow burn but dang it was intense, good flavour without being too fruity. Good balance of heat and flavour overall. Maybe it is a weird variant of a moruga, but either way this is delicious.

2015_02_16_16_59_56.jpg

KrakenPeppers said:
The Moruga shape is dominant against alot of other shapes, is it possible you got a cross to red pepper sd red is also a dominant ?
Hey yeah I was thinking that too since it turned red and I saw in few places that red is a dominant gene which is why apparently all (or most?) F1 pods are red. I'll take a few more pics of other pods as they ripen.

They definitely look different to the original moruga plant - I have another plant from the same batch of seeds growing next to it, and that one is your standard yellow moruga, looks like what it's supposed to look like.

- Generaly that's true, it takes alot to change a red parents F1 to a different colour.. Unless it's a darker colour like purple or a parent that has chlorophyl and goes green.

Looks like you had a random F1 pod , expect another 30 seeds the same then lol if the seeds were from several pods and one was the F1

Sorry, I got so involved in the shape I forgot about the color. lol.

I don't think the yellow ones are particularly stable yet and it's a good chance that even when they are, a plant can revert back to the red genetics.

hot stuff said:
Sorry, I got so involved in the shape I forgot about the color. lol.

I don't think the yellow ones are particularly stable yet and it's a good chance that even when they are, a plant can revert back to the red genetics.

Your probably right there, but I know out of the 10-20 plants I've sprouted over the year of Yellow I had a 100% colour hit rate, Ive had a few variations in pod shape quality but even then that was only selected pods on certain plants, most pods were pretty true to the variety. =D

But that being said all seed stock varies .. And that was just my experience.

Back