• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

LAVA

oh wow....those are intense.  Instead of waterboarding terrorists they should say well look....you dont tell us what we want you are about to eat one of these. Raw, no milk or fluids. 

I did some searching and it looks like the Lava is a pepper trademarked by Judy in 2012, very large, and very hot!

Is what it's comprised of proprietary information? Given the variation in pod shape and my understanding that F6 is generally when phenos stabilize, how old (generations) is this beast?

If you grow them inside, you can actually make two generations in a single year. Plus, you can be certain there are no pollinators that would screw things up for you, when you collect the seeds.  :dance:
However, it's not easy to grow enough plants to stabilize the cultivar inside. But it's possible, especially in a warm southern states. :)

I believe I already see the post about Lava pepper at least 3 to 4 years ago.   I have been to pepperlover.com website but I never see any seeds about lava or fresh Lava pods that Judy sells at all.  Not sure what is the point to post the picture and no one can buy or try it at all.   I have bought many times with Judy before from fresh pepper to seeds but lately I do not see interesting pepper seeds at all.   Most of the seeds are out of stock.  

rainforest2 said:
I believe I already see the post about Lava pepper at least 3 to 4 years ago.   I have been to pepperlover.com website but I never see any seeds about lava or fresh Lava pods that Judy sells at all.  Not sure what is the point to post the picture and no one can buy or try it at all.   I have bought many times with Judy before from fresh pepper to seeds but lately I do not see interesting pepper seeds at all.   Most of the seeds are out of stock.  
I believe Judy's been traveling extensively lately...she chimed in a month or two ago. I actually sent her an email yesterday and got back a quick response saying that they will be restocking their seed "soon". I myself can't wait to get some...

any update on seed availability for these?? :D:D had my eyes on them for a long time and im eager to finalize my list of stuff to start under the lights inside for the winter :D

Back