• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

LED Jungle Room Oct.16,08

In the future people will be realizing the many benefits of growing under a lower temp/higher efficiency lighting scheme such as this. For one, these can be used year-round without significant heat problems.
Now any fluorescent seems hot and wasteful to me.
with flash:
All panels are not created equal. Each manufacturer has different quality standards. I have one that has a couple rows out at times.
without flash:
to be continued...

Can't tell by pictures, do you have an oscillating fan blowing across those plants? They look a little thin is the reason I ask. Outdoors wind causes plants to bend back and forth, thus encouraging fat stems. Indoors you need a fan to blow them around a bit to get the same effect.

I want to get myself some of those new fadangled light set-ups, i will have to put up with using a 600wat HPS light fo the time being. How fast do the pepper plants grow under the LED's?

Novacastrian said:
I want to get myself some of those new fadangled light set-ups, i will have to put up with using a 600wat HPS light fo the time being. How fast do the pepper plants grow under the LED's?
How fast does your electric meter turn?
Plants seem to grow just as fast and bushy. Mine don't cuz I use experimental soil that is not yet perfected.

LEDs use very little electricity. I'm looking at using 12 panels that will adequately cover 24 sq. ft and use about $8 per month in electricity.

As you can see from ABM's pictures and mine, the light looks strange, but it is light that plants use.

Mike

ABurningMouth said:
I have a ceiling fan on low continuously.
I don't think it's enough though.

All you need is a small oscillating fan that moves enough air to just rustle the leaves. Don't want it blowing really fast otherwise it will dry them out. You can increase the speed as they get larger, helps to get those thick stems that really hold weight like outside.

I have a procyon 100 and I can tell you for sure these are super more efficient than the led squares. I tried one of those too. They use a completely different type of led that is super high output and efficient. But they are more expensive. When they come down in price they will completely replace all other types of lights.

Procyon_on.jpg

Spy1.jpg

alawn said:
When they come down in price they will completely replace all other types of lights.
Can we get carbon credits for buying them now? That would be cool.
I just like the way they look too.
Shop with your heart
they are all over.
I built a new container, so this is a before pic. These plants were scrawny.
Hopefully this won't be their last public appearance(like so many others).:(

This shows the ease of installation and the eyes in the wall.:P

alawn said:
I have a procyon 100 and I can tell you for sure these are super more efficient than the led squares. I tried one of those too. They use a completely different type of led that is super high output and efficient. But they are more expensive. When they come down in price they will completely replace all other types of lights.

Holy shit, on their website it claims to replace a 400watt HID light. That makes my naughty parts all tingly :shocked:

Back