• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Lemon grass

Picked up some fresh lemongrass from the Asian market to practice for the throw down. It was in a small vase of water when i bought it. I use some and it was the goot. Well i figured keeping it in water would keep it from drying out. Well I was right, damn thign is rooting in the glass. Never thought about growing it, but says it tough and hardy, gonna have to find a place in the yard for it... Just thought ya might like to know how easy it is to root.

No real bulb or rhizome, but kinda like a few nodes of bamboo. Took maybe 5 or 6 days to root( wish i didn't break my camera,,,DOH!!!) I wasn't trying, just hoping to keep it fresh. Give it a try. A crushed stem in hot tea for Iced Tea was teh goot. :beer:

I have grown it in the past, it's one of those plants you can't kill...

I found that a few weeks at -7 Celsius seems to do the trick quite nicely LOL!

I have some in a pot two years old now, although it is alive it does not seem to be spreading?
I am not sure what to do with it really, I am thinking of re-claiming the pot!

lemon grass grows like weed. needs very little nutes. likes soil on the dry side. great plant to cook with. also nice as a soupbase or tea.

Back