• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Lets see your meanest, most gnarly pods!!!

I thought this would be a fun idea for a thread... let me know if there is already a running thread that is similar.

Show us your meanest, most gnarly, and downright feindish pods!!!

I will get the party started with these:

Carolina Reaper
IMG_8765.JPG
CarolinaReaper3.JPG
IMG_7316.JPG

Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion:
IMG_8841.JPG

Black Habanero
IMG_8882.JPG

Yellow Scorpion
IMG_8775.JPG

Mustard Habanero
IMG_8420.JPG
IMG_8773.JPG
Mustardhab2.JPG
(this one is roughly the size of a tennis ball :shocked: )

Peach Bhut
PeachBhut1.JPG

Butch T Trinidad Scorpion
ButchT8.JPG

7 pot Primo
IMG_8768.JPG
7potPrimo1.JPG

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
BJIC1.JPG

BJIC3.JPG

Scotch Bonnet x 7 pot Jonah
IMG_8870.JPG

Pinocchio Cayenne
IMG_8793.JPG

Chocolate Bhut
IMG_8774.JPG

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend special var. (from Sanchez)
IMG_8415.JPG

7 pot Douglah
Douglah2.JPG

KrakenPeppers said:

Looks like a Black Naga or Chocolate Moruga
I don't think it was either, I think it was a cross.  I think the person honestly collected seeds from a chocolate hab.  Whatever it was miserably hot and bitter.   See the pods below I got from another seed in same pack.  They were really good.  Looked like a scorpion of some type, but not as hot as typical scorpion.  You can see the oil in it, I thought it would be brutal but was really smooth and sweet, kinda more like maybe yellow moruga level heat rather than a red one.

P20140907-130100-3176843924-4080324_zps9b519ea3.jpg

My office has been asking me to bring in my hottest pepper so I cut a brown moruga down before it ripened today. The guy from Trinidad wouldn't eat it, but my colleague from Columbia popped a huge chunk of it in her mouth. Every pod I bring her she usually just shrugs and goes back to what she's doing, but this one made her react pretty good. I ended up eating the rest :)
I'm still new to growing so this is literally my first ever super hot:

ba2fdeb2e9a7d082320c80ac2a03fd15.jpg

Hey, what do they call that little "thinger" sticking out of the apex of the pepper? I tried to do a search on the anatomy of a pepper and I didn't find anything. What is it for? Just curious...

bpiela said:
Hey, what do they call that little "thinger" sticking out of the apex of the pepper? I tried to do a search on the anatomy of a pepper and I didn't find anything. What is it for? Just curious...
You mean the thickened pistol of the flower?

I can definitely think of a few pods that I didnt take pictures of, but I wish I had.  This season everyone make sure to snag photos of those mostrosities.

Back