• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Lets see your meanest, most gnarly pods!!!

jedisushi06 said:
aaed0fc825edcef433ef6cf7467bf4bf.jpg

18e070052b9812058986fa425a86d9d9.jpg

Peach ? X Carolina reaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the Red Brainstrain plants I grew from your seeds is producing pods like that. Same color, same texture, very similar shapes...

Woooot!!!  Awesome pods guys!  I am becoming truly horrified by the sight of these malevolent monsters.  Thank you all for sharing with us :-)      I look forward to hopefully posting some gnarly pods later this season.  This spring I had issues with my germination media, and as a result my plants are behind.  By October I should have something to show.  Keep the evil peppers flowing my friends!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hot:   :hell:

BlackFatalii said:

Both, actually.  :)  The X at the end of the name like that typically means that it believed to be a cross, but the identity of the baby daddy is unknown.
That makes perfect sense. Thank you for clearing that up!

Noah Yates said:
Woooot!!!  Awesome pods guys!  I am becoming truly horrified by the sight of these malevolent monsters.  Thank you all for sharing with us :-)      I look forward to hopefully posting some gnarly pods later this season.  This spring I had issues with my germination media, and as a result my plants are behind.  By October I should have something to show.  Keep the evil peppers flowing my friends!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hot:   :hell:

i too had germination issues and a late start. Got mine sprouted late june/1st of July. They're about 2-2.5 inches currently lol. How are yours? I'm unsure what to expect 

Took an updated picture of that 7 Pot Cinder, plus one of my Death Spirals.  Those two varieties are by far the most gnarly I have growing.
20190726 Death Spiral.jpg

20190726 7 Pot Cinder.jpg

Edit: Apologies, but I can't figure out how to rotate these.  They appear with normal orientation on my computer and phone, but rotate 90 degrees when uploaded)

Mitzi said:
I have gnarly pod envy.

Truth be told....envy is one of the few reasons i grew so many supers this year. Pops wanted them mainly because he never seen them before. I had planned on stopping at JPGS, Brown Bhuts and Naglah Brown but pops wanted to "Fear the Reapa" too. :D Most seedlings are in 6 packs so might as well try several kinds right? Sure didnt need 6 Reapers and 6 JPGS.

As it turns out im pretty happy with several of them. Probably choose 2 kinds from this year and try a 7 Pot Primo next year. Although im really liking a couple others in this thread too.

sjunbboi said:

i too had germination issues and a late start. Got mine sprouted late june/1st of July. They're about 2-2.5 inches currently lol. How are yours? I'm unsure what to expect 
My plants are generally about 1-2 ft tall and beginning to fork out in preparation for crowning.  None of the chinenses have flowers yet, but some of the anuums have already given me ripe peppers.  In your case, you should continue to take care of your plants as well as you can until the frost is approaching. At that point you might be seeing enough pod development to make a decision as to which plants you would like to attempt to overwinter.  Then next season you will have a head start :-)    Don't give up on them though.  With the right conditions you could have some loaded plants by the end of the season yet.   ;)   
Edit:  I looked at some of your other posts and I see that you are growing billy biker jalapenos.  In that case, you should definitely be able to look forward to a bounty of peppers, as anuums, especially hybrid jalapenos, grow and fruit much more rapidly than chinenses.  Just give em plenty of light and keep them happy... you will be rewarded  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Noah Yates said:
My plants are generally about 1-2 ft tall and beginning to fork out in preparation for crowning.  None of the chinenses have flowers yet, but some of the anuums have already given me ripe peppers.  In your case, you should continue to take care of your plants as well as you can until the frost is approaching. At that point you might be seeing enough pod development to make a decision as to which plants you would like to attempt to overwinter.  Then next season you will have a head start :-)    Don't give up on them though.  With the right conditions you could have some loaded plants by the end of the season yet.   ;)   
Edit:  I looked at some of your other posts and I see that you are growing billy biker jalapenos.  In that case, you should definitely be able to look forward to a bounty of peppers, as anuums, especially hybrid jalapenos, grow and fruit much more rapidly than chinenses.  Just give em plenty of light and keep them happy... you will be rewarded  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

thanks. I/m formulating plans to continue indoor growing due to the unpredictability of Kansas City weather. Yes, I'm excited about these Billies. Every store bought jalapeno I've bought over this past summer has had zero-to-little heat. 

Back