• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense let's talk about the Limon chinense

I grew Limon from Peppermania back in 2007. C. Chinense for sure from the look of the flowers.

VERY intense lemony/citrus flavor. Mine were quite hot but not as hot as an orange hab. I could eat these with some minor pain and not have to run for the milk.
I got 60-80 per plant, per harvest. I had 2 harvests in New Mexico. Grown in 12" pots. Fast growing for a Chinense.

I will be growing these again in 2009.

I grew a couple of these this year and was quite surprised by their taste. I found that they were on the sweet side and really juicy. I also agree with what the others have said about being really prolific. I also thought that they were slightly less hot than an orange hab and I plan on reserving space for them next year.

mine are coming along nicely after only a few weeks in their pots they have doubled in size and are easily outgrowing my bhuts, though the annuums really outgrow the chinenses, my broomes, cayennes, birdseyes and to a lesser extent big jims have all outgrown their hotter cousins.

The limon that Chilliman64 dropped off for me is going great guns. Cant wait to try them in salsa. Jerky maybe?

CM64, if you want to dry them you're welcome to borrow the dehydrator at any time mate.

Back