• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Lil Help Plz/Opinion

Heres a few photos of my plants in the garden. They are really taking a beating and I am at my end of the rope.

They seem to be getting a little better but its really getting to me Help!!

Poisonette said:
Those look bug damaged, but I could be wrong. Personally, that would be my 1st "fix" then fertilize.

I checked for bugs and such and theres no bugs at all. More I look at them I was wondering if wind and temperature can do this?

it's a bit hard to tell from your pics as when I click on them they are so huge they are a bit out of focus. I'm not sure but could it be salt injury caused by too much fert? the soil in the first pics looks like it has a whitish deposit on it and excess fertiliser will give a burnt look. if your fert regime is not excessive, was there something planted in this spot before as there looks to be root residue present?

there is some blackening of the leaf veins also, this could be due to herbicide injury, have you been spraying poisons recently?

chilliman64 said:
it's a bit hard to tell from your pics as when I click on them they are so huge they are a bit out of focus. I'm not sure but could it be salt injury caused by too much fert? the soil in the first pics looks like it has a whitish deposit on it and excess fertiliser will give a burnt look. if your fert regime is not excessive, was there something planted in this spot before as there looks to be root residue present?

there is some blackening of the leaf veins also, this could be due to herbicide injury, have you been spraying poisons recently?

I haven't been useinfg fert except once a week during their beginning since I planted them which is two weeks now I have only fert once. I raised another garden there last year which consisted of green beans and tomatoes. After looking at the web site I am leaning more toward the wind damage and low temps at night. We have been hasving some 20 to 30 MPH winds and night temps have been dropping down to 40 F. I think the combination of them both might be kixing their hinneies. I cut out some containers to put around them to see if I can block some of the wind off of them to see if that will help Thanks chilli

Looks like some fungus to me. You could show a leave to an "expert" at a local nursery or sth like that. It might be treatable by spraying it with some fungicide, but make sure the healthy plants don't get near them, it will spread like wildfire if it is a fungus.

I agree, get an expert to pass judgement. with our advice you only get what you pay for... and one thing we all have here is an opinion! ;)

Yup, I got an 0pinion....not saying it is right but JMO..

here are shots of two Tabasco Plants...the captions tell the story...just took these about 5 minutes ago...I vote for weather...these plants were started at the same time....

tabasco12.jpg

I placed the containers around the plants and they seem to enjoy that. The soil around the plants is not compact at all. Its this nice oklahoma clay it gets crusty on top and the beaneth is pretty loose. For fungus it hasn't been that wet at all matter of fact pretty dry. AJ thats how they definitely looked, like the wind and chilli nights been making their life hard. So I fish Emuled them tonight and lets see what happens this week. Hoping that maybe someone will not do the same thing I did and I won't do the same next time. I really think that I should of waited till nights got up in the 60s and days in the upper 70s. But they survive they will e strong plants. :think:

Back