• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Little Elf Pics...First Harvest of the little plants

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
These little pods are pretty tasty and they have decent heat...

051208a002.jpg

Potawie...yes, a pequin taste to them but the burn is different...I will eat one in a little while and describe the taste and burn better...

Thanks Paul and Omri....

Omri...just remember they are ornamentals and only get about 14 inches tall in a 6inch pot...they remind me of the trees in africa that have a long trunk with a flat top...almost shaped like a "T"...

AlabamaJack said:
Potawie...yes, a pequin taste to them but the burn is different...I will eat one in a little while and describe the taste and burn better...

Thanks Paul and Omri....

Omri...just remember they are ornamentals and only get about 14 inches tall in a 6inch pot...they remind me of the trees in africa that have a long trunk with a flat top...almost shaped like a "T"...
I have smaller ones, so that's ok. :lol:
Do you have the name of a proper source? a link is good, too. :)
Thanks.

Just ate one....hard to describe the taste...earthy?...burn is immediate up front, top of tongue, lips, upper back of palate, harsh burn goes away quickly with a warm sensation lingering for several minutes....

I have pics but I must warn you...they have been completely ravaged by aphids...I wasn't watching the plants and before I knew it...the stems were white with the nasty sobs...the plants are in ICU now because I resorted to chemical warfare...

Here is a "not so good" shot with lots of peppers so imagine all the different colors of what I picked strewn about the plant..

FirstCanonD9Shots009.jpg

That is horrible AJ...I hope you slaughter every last one!!! But, please...what ever ya do don't send them north...I'm stressed as it is right now ;)

BTW (and I'm scared to ask) how many plants did you have to put in ICU? I hope that they all bounce back even stronger than before.

I only have the 2 little elfs actually in ICU but am still fighting the aphids on most of the others outside. Slowly, so ever slowly I am gaining on the aphids. Will have all out war on them within the next two or three days. I have enough ammo for full out chemical warfare on the whole crop.

AlabamaJack said:
Ahh!!! got on there, selected a Little Elf pack and suddenly I found myself buying $40 worth of seeds! grr... you did this to me! it's all your fault! enabler!!!

Still think you're the man! ;)

I hate to even go to any seed supplier site. It makes me want to get seeds for next year. But it is way too early for me now.

I think you will be pleased with the Tomato Growers seeds. I had good results from their products this year.

AlabamaJack every time i think ive finshed sowing seeds for the season you tempt me again..pretty little peppers and thx for the link to as ever,cheers buddy my credit card comes out again :lol:

omri i no what you mean lol

Nice looking plant. For aphids outside I use a garden hose with some soap in my fertilizer injector and spray at as high a pressure as I can and I try to do it away from other plants so that the surviving aphids don't come back right away.

i no its a silly question POTAWIE but what soap do you use..as i have just bought a new hose with a fertilizer fitting for my none organics.:)

Back