• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Long Island Carpool Defcon 1/14 NJ

Hi,

Looking for anyone who lives on LI to carpool with to NJ Defcon Day this Sunday 1/14 in Orange county, NJ

I can drive or someone else can.. Doesn't matter. Just split tolls and gas.

HotSauceGoonie said:
Hi,

Looking for anyone who lives on LI to carpool with to NJ Defcon Day this Sunday 1/14 in Orange county, NJ

I can drive or someone else can.. Doesn't matter. Just split tolls and gas.

Why don't you take the train? Wouldn't that be easier than dealing with all that b.s. traffic?

Agreed. Toro Loco, the location on the 14th is about 300 feet from the South Orange Train Station (Morris/Essex Line) and is a Midtown Direct stop as well. Beats the L.I.E. any day of the week.

DEFCON Creator said:
Agreed. Toro Loco, the location on the 14th is about 300 feet from the South Orange Train Station (Morris/Essex Line) and is a Midtown Direct stop as well. Beats the L.I.E. any day of the week.

If I take a train to Penn. what train do I take there and how long is it from Penn by train?

Look for the Morris/Essex line, from Penn Station. The midtown direct takes about 30 minutes, and the local takes about 45. Just make sure you get on the correct train.

DEFCON Creator said:
Look for the Morris/Essex line, from Penn Station. The midtown direct takes about 30 minutes, and the local takes about 45. Just make sure you get on the correct train.

Hey,

Thanks for the info man.. See from where I am in Suffolk County, LI it takes 1hr and 30 mins to Penn by Train. Then another 1/2 hr. to Jersey by train and its 2 hrs.. I am sure driving will be 2hrs too also.. I just hate trains because they seem like forever.. However, I have some new puzzle games to do like Boggle and stuff so maybe it won't be that bad..

Regardless I don't mind driving though and on a Sunday where the business world is off on Monday due to Martin Luther King Day, I don't think traffic should be a nightmare... All I would do is take the belt to verrazzano thru staten island to NJTPKE I guess.. Not sure of the direct route by car but I can do the old mapquest.

Goonie, can you, like, stop posting for a while? No offence, but I'm quite proud to be the 15th most prolific poster, and if you keep going at this rate, I'm going to be 16th in about 2 weeks time :)

Shooty* said:
Goonie, can you, like, stop posting for a while? No offence, but I'm quite proud to be the 15th most prolific poster, and if you keep going at this rate, I'm going to be 16th in about 2 weeks time :)

Hey, LOL come on there has to be more than life to worry about our rankings of postings right? I wish there were a chat room you know? It would make things easier

Shooty* said:
It is bad enough you guys are concerned with how big and hot your peppers are, now you are comparing the size of your post count. Is there anything men won't measure?

HotSauceGoonie said:
Hey,

Thanks for the info man.. See from where I am in Suffolk County, LI it takes 1hr and 30 mins to Penn by Train. Then another 1/2 hr. to Jersey by train and its 2 hrs.. I am sure driving will be 2hrs too also.. I just hate trains because they seem like forever.. However, I have some new puzzle games to do like Boggle and stuff so maybe it won't be that bad..

Regardless I don't mind driving though and on a Sunday where the business world is off on Monday due to Martin Luther King Day, I don't think traffic should be a nightmare... All I would do is take the belt to verrazzano thru staten island to NJTPKE I guess.. Not sure of the direct route by car but I can do the old mapquest.

Driving to DEFCON isnt bad at all. The only problem is sobering up (or bringing a designated driver). I hate the hassle of having to switch trains at Penn, that's why I drive. I'll know soon (hopefully today) whether I am going.....

huvason said:
Driving to DEFCON isnt bad at all. The only problem is sobering up (or bringing a designated driver). I hate the hassle of having to switch trains at Penn, that's why I drive. I'll know soon (hopefully today) whether I am going.....

OK,

I agree totally with you.. I don't mind it so much going but I do hating to wait to switch trains on the way back!! We have the same approach, lol..

I will not drink too much regardless I think of either way I go. So if you want we can carpool or something and split the expenses which really shouldn't matter since I have a Saturn and not a Hummer.

However I only have room for myself and a one passenger because my back seat doesn't go up.. A small addition I made to it over the summer! lol

Let me know, either way.

LOL.. I been conversing mainly with Huvason on this matter.. If I am ever in your area and there is a Defcon Day you can bet your horses I will pick you up and we can rendezvous.

Thanks HSG.. I have yet to see a Fest of any kind on the left coast. Maybe anything west of the Mississippi we can rendezvous in Omaha..
Reno has chili cook-offs and ribs too.. thats only 125 miles.. maybe some day the Creator will have Defcon Days for the whole universe.. until then I will have to be happy with the jar of Defcon 2 in the fridge and one back-up in the pantry..

Denio said:
Thanks HSG.. I have yet to see a Fest of any kind on the left coast. Maybe anything west of the Mississippi we can rendezvous in Omaha..
Reno has chili cook-offs and ribs too.. thats only 125 miles.. maybe some day the Creator will have Defcon Days for the whole universe.. until then I will have to be happy with the jar of Defcon 2 in the fridge and one back-up in the pantry..

Yeah.. I really have nobody to go on Sunday with me so far to Jersey to see Defcon. I will go by myself though, hell.. lol I can meet them all.. Waiting for Huvason to let me know if he is carpooling with me or not..

I don't have any friends into it whatsoever... I will purchase Defcon 1 for sure and try his 0 if he has it..

The east coast really needs a big show or event here.. I would think that Manhattan would be able to hold such a venue at the Tribecca or something..

Personally I know I would spend at least $200 or so I think at a show but of course the average dude isn't going to through down like that... lol

Back