• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

looking for a High end drink recipie

i have been trying to convince her to come up with a hot pepper drink  i have seen just a spicy bloody mary or just stick a pepper in the vodka bottle   but are there any fancy drinks you guys have seen /comeup with  that could actually be served at a Nice Bar

Is there such a thing as a "high end" drink that differs from a "low end" drink? I would think the only difference would be top shelf liquor....

Try a ghost pepper infused vodka bloody mary.... the rim of the glass coated with cajun seasoning.

A drink doesn't have to be "fancy" to be popular. Infusing vodka/tequila/rum with a hot pepper is not common, and would get some attention, especially from those who are competitive. People who visit high-end restaurants typically have money to spend, and got that money by being competitive. So yes, infuse some bottles with varying levels of peppers can appeal to that competitive spirit. Give a few away to start the ball rolling.... at the bar, have two bartenders challenge each other and put on a show.  Follow it with a bartender (yes, frankly, a chick is best) challenge a patron with a spiced Patron. 

Want some foo? A restaurant in my area mixes hot pepper powder and sugar, and simply dips the wet rim of the glass in it. Use brown sugar for a bolder look. They do this with margaritas, tequila shots, and whatever, on request.

Think about this..... a good dirty martini was Dean Martin's drink. It's only vodka and olive juice..... sounds like you're looking for a good gimmick..... see what Geeme said. No such thing as high end vs. low end except for the quality of liquor used..

Take it from a drinker who loves a good dirty martini!

High end cocktails are often riffs on a classic, and they don't contain any garbage like syrups and such, just fresh squeezed juices, and other fresh ingredients. Margaritas with blood orange juice and fresh lime juice, no syrups or mixers, etc. Agave syrup instead of a simple syrup in drinks with sugar, etc. And yes top shelf liquor of course.

I could see you doing a prickly pear margarita with spicy aged El Tesoro, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, agave syrup, and a chili-coated rim.

well its just for me to make her and maybe she will show it off at work    but i say high end  but i just dont mean LOWW end  like college kids   we would get a 12 dollar bottle of vodka and put a jolly rancher in it til its melted  and drink it on ice

she  knows how to make a jalapeno mojito never seen that one tho

Dirty martini with pickled jalapeno juice instead of olive juice, and a couple jalapeno rings.

Best to infuse, vodka and tequila. Gin has botanicals already, and rum would not be right either. Whiskey, nah.

Here is my summertime favorite, but maybe not "High end".

I call it 'The Pendejo' (no offense intended)

1/2 Lime, peel and all, cut into chunks
1/2 Large Jalapeño, seeds and all, cut into chunks

put in a shaker and muddle the heck out of them

add 2oz. good silver Tequila

Fill shaker with ice and shake well

strain into a tall skinny glass.

Enjoy

The Hot Pepper said:
Dirty martini with pickled jalapeno juice instead of olive juice, and a couple jalapeno rings.

yup.... I'm all over that. I just happen to have a big bottle of vodka in the freezer, too..... Dammiit Pook!!!!! I'm gonna be so dehydrated in the morning!!!!! I'm on it!
I guess this one's mid to low end..... Pickled hot banana peppers & juice.... Smirnoff vodka

9433403066_1f129ab38a_b.jpg

Never mind! I posted the pic before I tasted it..... NASTY!!!!! Gimme my wine back!

Ewwww lol. FD&C yellow martini.

so all i had for vodka was this Ciroc with about 3 good drinks in it  the bottle opening was so small so i found a tiny scorpion poked it  all around with a razor and squeezed it in there  those little things still pack a punch  hoping to get the fruity flavor of the pepper out back on the shelf for a few weeks
downsized_0803032339_zps296bf1f2.jpg

Back