• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

looking for a nitrogen booster, but...

HotPeppas

Banned
Im really wanting to try out worm castings tea but also am debating blood meal

I want to know what one would weigh out more benefits or emaybe i can just use both???

Im growing in pots. Raised beds & ground. Im assuming since these products are non synthetic that they wont burn plants? Thanks!

Use worm casting tea for containers because nutrients will be available quiker.

Dont use blood meal or bone meal in containers, it takes so long to break down you may or may not be getting nutrients by the end of the season.

I put blood meal in my worm tea along with a few other things, whether it makes a difference with how beneficial the tea is I couldn't tell ya for sure other than I have seen a huge difference in foliage color and growth rate, even in crappy weather. I've seen a few videos and articles where people have used both. I had some on hand so I thought why not. Fish is also is thrown in the worm tea I use as well. From what I've read and seen, the best teas are pretty jam packed with a little bit of everything. Hope this helps a bit.

Brandon

Cedar is right you can mix in blood meal into the worm tea as well. It depends on how much N you are looking for. Blood meal is higher in N then the fish fert

The good thing about AACT is you can mix it up all you want, the more the better in some cases. I like to take green foliage from anything that I don't want in my yard, mush it up in a bucket with a few cups of water and then poor off the green juice in to my Tea. Does that help for N? I honestly would think so, but I have no proof other than my plants are doing great.

Dang read up you need a bubbler for tea. Guess i will just dress the soil with the worm caacaa

Its sts green soil. Not sure how well it is for being cheap

Plus it wont hurt to give it these products:)

Ok this fish fert must be some strong stuff. 1 tblspoon to 1 gal of water is good for 250 sq feet. Thats crazy!

I've been messin' around with adding a couple big handfuls of alfalfa pellets to a 5-gal brew. Gives some bulk to your 'tea bag' but the solids are excellent as a top dressing. Lots of soil building benefits, including nitro and it is seems to be very mellow.

Back