• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Looking for advice - White Deposits on Leaves?

Hi guys

Hoping someone can offer some advice. I'm debating if these plants are infected with something and should get thrown out.

I have 3 pepper plants that are in a grow tent next to each other. 2 Corno di Torro, and 1 Monkey Face. All 3 plants show the same weirdness going on. I also have a tomato plant in the tent, and 2 overwintered Scorpions that do not show the below behavior and look fine.

Here's one of the plants (Corno di Torro)
16335994482_740ce11d61_c.jpg

And here's what I'm concerned about:
15716950403_3ccd3ce4dd_b.jpg

Most of the leaves on the plants are showing this on the underside of the leaf. The top of the leaf has a few white specks. I also tried to see if it would rub off with a fingernail, and it did not easily unless I scraped really hard.

The grow tent has a 600W HPS lamp with a small fan blowing around. These have been mostly fed with liquid fertilizer. The temp in the tent is around 28C with the lamp on and 19C with the lamp off. Humidity is around 30-40%.

I might have the same on my over winters...which seems odd since I water once a week at the absolute most, and about 12oz per plant. These are big over winters, around 2 feet tall. I keep cutting the leaves off thinking it's aphid eggs, although I'm yet to see an actual aphid. Mine are nowhere near as bad as the pics above. Thanks, I'll look into this edema

Ok, edema. We may have been over watering in the beginning, so this is likely it. I've seen aphids before, and it looks and feels nothing like that.

Will new growth also look like these? I was mostly paying attention to the big bottom leaves, the oldest growth.

Back